Triathlon Scotland - Level 1 Coaching Qualification
14 Sep 2019 - 25 Apr 2020
2019/2020 Course Dates
Carluke (TS1047CAR) – Day 1: 14/09/2019, Day 2: 15/09/2019, Day 3: 05/10/2019
Inverness (TS1048INV) – Day 1: 05/10/2019, Day 2: 06/10/2019, Day 3: 27/10/2019
Lochgelly (TS1049LOC) – Day 1: 02/11/2019, Day 2: 03/11/2019, Day 3: 30/11/2019
Aberdeen (TS1050ABE) – Day 1: 01/02/2020, Day 2: 02/02/2020, Day 3: 22/02/2020
Dalkeith (TS1051DAL) – Day 1: 07/03/2020, Day 2: 08/03/2020, Day 3: 28/03/2020
Stirling (TS1052STI) – Day 1: 25/04/2020, Day 2: 26/04/2020, Day 3: 16/05/2020
Course Fee £320 (£245 with sportscotland funding)
The Level 1 Triathlon Coaching qualification enables coaches to lead and deliver (pre-planned) sessions or plan basic sessions on their own (reviewed by a higher level coach) in a range of club environments (without the need to be directly supervised). You will gain the knowledge to adapt sessions to meet the needs of a variety of participants.
It has been specifically designed to provide a supporting and engaging environment for developing the fundamentals of coaching the sport, to equip you with the necessary skills and resources to start coaching.
The course is made up of:
- Two learning days – consecutive days.
- A third day comprising a final practical coaching assessment, personal review and action planning.
- Home study – around 10-14 hours over 3-4 weeks (including pre-course work).
You will be required to complete home study online tasks, plan, deliver and review practical sessions (on course).
What will I Learn?
The course will focus on developing key coaching skill including:
- How to communicate effectively.
- How to engage athletes.
- How to give quality meaningful feedback.
You will also be introduced to the triathlon disciplines (swim, bike, run and transitions) and the basic skills to be coached. You will also cover athlete safety and welfare, session preparation, evaluation and reflection.
The course is supported by an online resource, which contains all the information required to complete the course, and develop your own coaching knowledge and skills.
- Learners must be at least 16 years of age at the commencement of the learning programme. Learners over 18 once qualified can work independently; those under 18 must have supervision.
- Hold a valid Triathlon Scotland (or other Home Nation) Coach Membership. This is to provide you with the appropriate insurance to cover your coaching practice.
- Have access to an electronic device for accessing our online resources.
On successful completion of your Level 1, you will be able to:
- Engage and inspire people to take part in triathlon.
- Safely organise and deliver triathlon activities for a range of ages and abilities, across a range of environments.
- Demonstrate generic and triathlon-specific coaching skills, good practice in coaching, athlete safety and welfare, equitable and inclusive coaching practice, and working with others.
|03 Oct 2019||£245.00|
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
|Aberdeen - TS1050ABE||02 Nov 2019||??/14||Open||03 Oct 2019|
|Carluke - TS1047CAR||14 Sep 2019||??/7||Closed||15 Aug 2019|
|Dalkeith - TS1051DAL||07 Mar 2020||??/16||Open||06 Feb 2020|
|Inverness - TS1048INV||05 Oct 2019||??/14||Open||05 Sep 2019|
|Lochgelly - TS1049LOC||02 Nov 2019||??/12||Open||03 Oct 2019|
|Stirling - TS1052STI||25 Apr 2020||??/13||Open||26 Mar 2020|