Triathlon Foundation Coach - Dundee
19 Oct 2023 - 26 Nov 2023
Triathlon Foundation Coach - Dundee
Important: Subsidy Application
Please ensure that you complete the Education Subsidy Application Form below BEFORE you sign up for the course (deadline is 1 month prior to your course start date). This is to ensure that you pay the correct amount for your course if eligible for the Education Subsidy.
Read more about the Education Subsidy process here.
Course Sign Up Process
The course sign up on Entry Central is application based, which means that we have to approve all sign ups before a spot is taken. We will not approve any sign ups until the Subsidy Applications have been assessed for that course. Everything will be based on a first come first served basis, and will be processed in date order
On completion of this qualification, you will be able to plan and deliver safe coaching activities under direct supervision from a Group/Level 2 Coach or above.
The course follows a blended learning approach involving a series of self-led online learning modules, two online workshops facilitated by a tutor, and one face-to-face development day.
You are required to complete all components of the course, including attending all online workshops and the face-to-face day, as well as completing all units of the e-learning content and submitting a coaching diary.
Rather than completing an end-of-learning assessment task, the tutor will ensure that they check in with you throughout your learning experience to make a formative assessment of your level of competence and understanding.
- Minimum age: 14 years at course start date. If you are aged 18 and under you will be required to have a parent/guardian complete a parental consent form as part of your application.
- Have a valid British Triathlon Home Nations membership (Core or Ultimate package).
Full attendance is needed for all online workshops and the face-to-face development day. Please ensure you can attend the online workshops and dates as listed. Whilst we will aim to record all online workshops this cannot be guaranteed.
|Online Workshop 1||Thursday 19 October 2023||18:00-19:30||
The Foundation Coach
|Online Workshop 2||Thursday 2 November 2023||18:00-19:30||Planning Coaching Activity|
|Face-to-Face Development Day||Sunday 26 November 2023||08:30-16:30||Swim, Bike, Run|
Please note – on completion of the Foundation Coach you will be required to deliver within your qualification remit:
- Coaches aged 17 and under must be in the line of sight of more qualified triathlon coach including Group Coach/Level 2 and above.
- Coaches aged 18 years and over can work with small groups of participants whilst a more qualified coach is at the same venue delivering from session plans signed off or prepared by a more qualified triathlon coach including Group Coach, Level 2, Level 2 Diploma, L3 or HPCP.
- If you are coaching under 18’s you will require to hold and maintain a valid Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport certificate (for those aged 18+).
All coaches over the age of 18, who will be coaching under 18's, must now undergo mandatory safeguarding training before/during the course (Child Wellbeing & Protection in Sport). This training must be completed prior to the completion of your coaching qualification. Triathlon Scotland provide this training free of charge to all Foundation Coaches who will coach under 18's. You will receive a code to claim your free place on one of Triathlon Scotland's CWPS courses. Without this training, you will not be sanctioned or insured to be a coaching assistant once qualified. For further details on why we are doing this see here.
Course details will be emailed 2 weeks before the course begins.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
|05 Oct 2023 23:59||£300.00|
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Start: 19/10/2023 18:00:00
End: 26/11/2023 17:00:00
Total Places: 14
Places Available: ??