Level 2 Coaching Course - Stirling TS2026STI (KEEP)
28 Jan 2023
Triathlon Scotland - Level 2 Coaching Qualification
You can read a full overview of the Level 2 Coaching Qualification here.
The course is made up of:
- 4 full learning days – usually delivered as 2 sets of consecutive dates about a month apart.
- 1 assessment and personal review day within your home coaching environment.
In addition to 40-60 hours of home study which includes:
- Pre course work for each session attended (allow 2-4 hours).
- Session planning and delivery of 6-10 coaching sessions in club environment.
- Completion of online tasks.
- Review of online learning resource.
The course is supported by an online resource (Learning Hub), which contains all the information required to complete the course and develop your own coaching knowledge and skills.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Hold a level 1 triathlon coach qualification or complete an Approved Prior Learning application.
- Hold a valid Triathlon Scotland (or other Home Nation) Coach Membership. This is to provide you with the appropriate insurance to cover your coaching practice.If you need to upgrade your membership please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have access to an electronic device for accessing our online resources.
- You will need access to a computer (desktop/laptop) or a tablet and a good internet connection; some smartphones can also connect.
Wellbeing & Protection Information
Coaches who do regulated work with children or vulnerable adults in their club will be required to undergo a PVG check and complete Child Wellbeing & Protection in Sport Training.
If you are unsure whether the coaching you will be doing is classed as regulated work, please speak with your Club Wellbeing Officer or Triathlon Scotland - email@example.com
University of Stirling Sports Centre, University Rd W, Stirling FK9 4LA
- Day 1: 28 January 2023 9am-5pm
- Day 2: 29 January 2023 9am-5pm
- Day 3: 25 February 2023 9am-5pm
- Day 4: 26 February 2023 9am-5pm
- Day 5: From 1 May 2023, assessment and personal review day within your home coaching environment. Details on this process to be emailed to you after Day 4.
The total cost for the Level 2 Coaching Qualification is £620 (£270 if eligible for sportscotland subsidy*).
You will complete your subsidy application as part of the Triathlon Scotland Level 1 Coaching Course Sign Up, subsidy applications are now completed by Triathlon Scotland. You will be contacted 1 month prior to the start of the course to advise if your application has been sucessful.
You can read more about funding here - https://www.triathlonscotland.org/coaching/courses/funding/
*To be eligible for the sportscotland subsidy:
- Applicants must demonstrate coaching activity within 6 months of applying for the subsidy (at least once per month / 12 sessions per year).
- This coaching activity must take place in Scotland.
- You must describe how this qualification will have an impact on schools, clubs or the community.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions in relation to the sessions.
|20 Jan 2023 23:59||£620.00|
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
A British Triathlon Race Pass is required for participants who are not a British Triathlon Home Nation member. For this event, Race Pass costs are £6.00 for participants aged 24 and under, and £12.00 otherwise.
Dates and Status
09:00:00 - 17:00:00
Total Places: 10
Places Available: ??