HiddenPeak Running Aberdeen Group Training
25 Nov 2020
TURNING UP THE HEAT AT HAZLEHEAD
Join us for a sizzling session designed to improve your speed, efficiency, technique and pace judgement.
We'll be doing one minute fast, one min jog - repeated x10.
After that's got you tuned up we'll increase the tempo with a few 30secs reps, before finishing off with some 15secs reps.
Plus our usual warm-ups and post run stretches.
All to be done on the track at Hazlehead. It's well lit and traffic free.
And this is a session for ALL abilities.
An ideal sharpener before our next 5k time trial at Aberdeen beach promenade on Saturday 28th November.
Please note our new meeting point for the Hazlehead session: This will be at Hazlehead Academy car park (next to old swimming pool).
We are following all the guidelines to ensure an enjoyable but safe session, conducted by two of the north east's most respected and successful distance runners - GB internationals Robbie Simpson and Fraser Clyne.
A restricted number of places are available in order to comply with Scottish Government and SportsScotland guidelines - so pre-booking is essential.
Wednesday 6pm to 7pm
Location: Hazlehead Academy car park, Groat's Road.
Cost: £6 per person.
Extra steps have been taken to ensure we are able to train safely and follow government regulations on Covid-19, see below for details.
For all Hidden Peak Running Group sessions, we will be following scottishathletics guidelines as shown in detail here:
Please read these carefully.
Some of the key points are:
A “field of play bubble” for all ages means that physical distancing can be suspended for the duration of the activity. At all other times physical distancing must be maintained for individuals aged 12+.
• Runners must not congregate with other athletes outside their bubble prior to, and
following, the coaching session.
• Coaches and runners should adhere to all restrictions that may be placed on a
public space by the owner of that space.
• Coaches should ensure they have carried out a standard risk assessment of any training
space or route, as they would normally, prior to the session taking place.
• Coaches and runners should ensure they carry out standard safety procedures
(e.g. phones, route planning etc) when accessing ‘wild’ public spaces.
• Be aware of other members of the public using the same space you are training in. The
group should be briefed on how they run together in a way that respects physical distancing, and which does not cause unnecessary risk or anxiety to members of the public.
The guidelines could be reviewed at any time so the situation could change.
You must not attend one of our sessions if you:
• Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
• Have been overseas to a country on the quarantine list or exposed to someone with COVID19 in the last 14 days.
• Have COVID-19 symptoms (self-isolate for 10 days) or are feeling unwell.
• Have been told to self-isolate as part of the contact tracing measures in place.
- Please address any enquiries to the email@example.com
- Payment will be made via EntryCentral.
- Please think carefully before signing up as there is a policy of no refunds except in circumstances where the event needs to be cancelled by the organisers.
- We may take photos/videos of the session for use on our social media platforms. If you have any concerns about this, please let us know in advance.
|25 Nov 2020||£6.00|
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Total Places: 24
Places Available: ??List