HiddenPeak Running Aberdeen Group Training
28 Nov 2020
ABERDEEN 5K HANDICAP TIME TRIAL
Join us for our latest 5k handicap time trial on Saturday 28th November, 9.30am
We will be using the Aberdeen parkrun course at the beach - but our meeting point is the car park in Seaton Park.We'll warm-up from there.
We have seen some great performances across the board at our previous Aberdeen and Banchory time trials, so let's hope for more on this occasion.
Slower runners will start first with the incentive of getting to the finish before the backmarkers catch up. It makes for an exciting run suitable for all abilities.
So, runners will be set off at time intervals based roughly on their predicted times with the fastest leaving last. This means everyone can run at their own pace with ample space but still be in a group environment. Once the handicap run is complete we'll regroup and do an easy cool down run and stretches to finish off.
Remember to fill in your predicted time in the appropriate column when signing up.
The session will be hosted by either or both of Great Britain internationals Robbie Simpson and Fraser Clyne who between them have many years experience of running all distances and over every possible type of terrain. The sessions are designed to be suitable for ALL levels of runner.
We look forward to seeing you.
Saturday 9.30am to 10.30 am
Location: Seaton Park, Aberdeen - Meet at the car park in the park.
Cost: £6 per person.
Extra steps have been taken to ensure we are able to train safely and follow government regulations on Covid-19, see below for details
For all Hidden Peak Running Group sessions, we will be following scottishathletics guidelines as shown in detail here:
Please read these carefully.
Some of the key points are:
A “field of play bubble” for all ages means that physical distancing can be suspended for the duration of the activity. At all other times physical distancing must be maintained for individuals aged 12+.
• Runners must not congregate with other athletes outside their bubble prior to, and
following, the coaching session.
• Coaches and runners should adhere to all restrictions that may be placed on a
public space by the owner of that space.
• Coaches should ensure they have carried out a standard risk assessment of any training
space or route, as they would normally, prior to the session taking place.
• Coaches and runners should ensure they carry out standard safety procedures
(e.g. phones, route planning etc) when accessing ‘wild’ public spaces.
• Be aware of other members of the public using the same space you are training in. The
group should be briefed on how they run together in a way that respects physical distancing, and which does not cause unnecessary risk or anxiety to members of the public.
• Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
• Have been overseas to a country on the quarantine list or exposed to someone with COVID19 in the last 14 days.
• Have COVID-19 symptoms (self-isolate for 10 days) or are feeling unwell.
• Have been told to self-isolate as part of the contact tracing measures in place.
- Please address any enquiries to the firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment will be made via EntryCentral.
- Please think carefully before signing up as there is a policy of no refunds except in circumstances where the event needs to be cancelled by the organisers.
- We may take photos/videos of the session for use on our social media platforms. If you have any concerns about this, please let us know in advance.
|28 Nov 2020||£6.00|
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Total Places: 24
Places Available: ??List