Virtual Tay 10K
10 Apr 2021 - 19 Apr 2021
Support Perth Road Runners and enter our Virtual Tay 10K Race!
Once again, due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, we are sadly unable to hold our fantastic Tay Ten race as a physical event this year, but, for the 2nd (and hopefully last!) year running, we are delighted to be bringing this to you as our Virtual Tay 10K race!
In these difficult and uncertain times, our mental and physical health is more important than ever and running certainly helps both. However, it’s hard to find motivation to run with no events on the horizon. So, to encourage you to stay active and give you a target to aim for whilst races and club runs are cancelled, we are delighted to bring you our Virtual Tay 10K race!
10K – yes, we know, the Tay 10 race is traditionally a 10 mile race however, we understand that many of you, for various reasons, haven’t managed to get out as much as you’d have liked. For that reason, our Virtual Tay 10 race is 10K which is hopefully more achievable.
Sorry, no refunds, transfers or deferrals.
All finishers will receive a fabulous Tay 10 medal! We are talking serious bling here - bigger and better than last year (if that's even possible)!
Elegant Tay 10 glass trophies will be awarded as follows:-
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd male & female
- 1st male & female age categories as below
One prize per entrant.
For prize purposes, you will be deemed to be in the age category appropriate for the age you are on the day you do your run.
To help those who are currently shielding, treadmill runs are permitted but will not be eligible for prizes due to the difficulty in accurately validating these runs.
10:00 Saturday 10th April 2021 to 22:00 Monday 19th April 2021
- All current government guidance regarding Social Distancing must be strictly adhered to including keeping a minimum of 2 metres apart from other road/trail/path users. Any changes to these guidelines before the event should be followed. Please stay local!
- All runs must start and finish at around the same point – either lapped or out and back routes. No point to point runs / No laps less than 1km / No net loss in elevation.
- 1 attempt per person.
- This race to open to all runners aged 15+
- To be eligible for a prize, you must run your 10K within the Competition Window detailed above and submit your result by 23:59 on Tuesday 20th April 2021.
RACE BIB/RESULT CERTIFICATE
All entrants can print a race bib with their name on it at the start of the race and a certificate with their position and time after the race. Race bibs and certificates will be available to print from PB Timing’s dedicated website.
- Submit your 10K finish time on PB Timing’s dedicated website – instructions on how to do this will be posted on our Tay Ten Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/taytenprr
- To allow for result verification, upload your run to Strava or Garmin Connect, making sure the activity is set to PUBLIC and then log this in your Entry Central account.
- If you don’t have Strava or Garmin, please email a screenshot/photo of your watch or phone that shows at least: run time, distance, date/time completed .
- If you are emailing your result verification to us, please ensure you email us from the email address you registered with and include your full name.
- We will use the elapsed time of your run rather than moving time.
We would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to:-
The awesome PB Timing - https://pbtiming.co.uk/ - for handling the results – they are superstars!
You! For supporting our event – you are superstars too!
Perth Road Runners, Race Privacy Agreement can be found here
|18 Apr 2021||£15.00|
To sign-up for this event, the Service Fee is 4% (min 50p) for each sign-up
Dates and Status
Total Places: 350
Places Available: ??List