Triathlon Scotland - Level 2 Diploma
16 Nov 2019
Webinar 1: Monday 4th November 2019
Day 1: Saturday 16th November 2019
Day 2: Sunday 17th November 2019
Webinar 2: Monday 20th January 2020
Webinar 3: Monday 17th February 2020
Final Coursework completion date: Sunday 30th August 2020
Course Fee £400
Level 2 Diploma
The Level 2 Diploma is a progressive bolt on to the existing Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Triathlon, specifically designed for coaches who wish to either set up a coaching business or coaching individual clients.
The sport has moved on considerably in the last 10 years, so too has the popularity and demand from athletes in looking for a personal coach which is growing year on year. For those coaches who are in this position, we are now in a position to offer you the appropriate training, education, skills and importantly insurance that will formally enable you to coach individuals on a 1:1 basis, thus, widening the level 2 coaches remit.
The course is spread over 2 days over a period of 6-9 months consisting of:
- 2 full learning days.
- Online assessment
In addition 30-50 hours of home study which includes:
- Pre-course work (allow 2-4 hours).
- Planning and delivery of a 12-week athlete programme
- Completion of online tasks.
- Review of online learning resource.
What will I learn?
- The 1:1 coaching model
- Understanding the Elements of Individual performance
- Selecting Athlete’s (The “chemistry match”)
- Athlete Profiling
- Contracting & Consultation Process
- Creating & Developing an Effective Long-term Plan
- Change Management
- Coaching Business Modelling
The course is supported by an online resource, which contains all the information required to complete the course, and develop your own coaching knowledge and skills.
Pre-requisites and enrolling on a Level 2 diploma course
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Hold a level 2 triathlon coach qualification, you can only book onto this course once you have been certificated at level 2.
- We recommend that all applicants have at least 12 months triathlon coaching experience before commencing this course.
- Be a valid Home Nation member. This is to provide coaching insurance cover.
- Have access to a device for the online resource.
On successful completion of the Level 2 diploma, you will be able to:
- Deliver individualised athlete programs
- The Diploma will also be recognised by our insurance broker, under the Coach PLUS package
The cost of this course is £400 which includes the 2-day course (including lunch and refreshments), online assessment, all coaching resources and educator support. Please note that all course dates detailed including face to face and online webinars are mandatory. If you miss any element of the course or assessment you will be required to pay additional fees.
|03 Nov 2019||£400.00|
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Total Places: 12
Places Available: ??