Cornerstone Century Challenge 2018
30 Jun 18
- DATE : Saturday 30th June 2018
- ROUTES : 100km and 66km
- SIGN ON : Rathfriland Community Centre, John Street, Rathfriland. BT34 5QH from 8:30am – 9:15am
- DEPART : 9:30am
- ONLINE ENTRY FEE is £16.00 and offers exclusive entry into a draw for a chance to win a See.Sense rear light! Online registration for the event will close on Saturday 23rd June at 23:59hrs.
- ENTRY ON THE DAY is £20.00
- Cycling Ireland Licence required (day licence available at sign-on £5.00)
The Cornerstone Century Challenge is a really enjoyable & scenic 100 km cycle challenge taking in Spelga Dam & Slieve Croob along the way, to help make up the 3600feet of climbing. The support event will cover 50 km of mostly the same route WITHOUT Spelga Dam & Slieve Croob climbs, creating 1800feet of assent.
Starting from Rathfriland Community Centre, the route weaves its way to Hilltown towards Spelga, descending into Newcastle and stopping off in Clough for the first 'water / food stop' before turning back towards Leitrim and the second 'stop'. Here the routes split with the 'Century Challenge' heading for Slieve Croob, Dromara & Banbridge before turning back & meeting the 'Half Century' route at the foot of Rathfriland again. Both routes then make their way back to the Community Centre in Rathfriland via the Lissize / Loughbrickland roads avoiding the big climb back into the town!
Sign-on and refreshments will be hosted from 8.30am in the Community Centre, John Street....with a mass start @ 9.30! Refreshment 'stops' will be catered for & a good feed at the finish where you will also collect a bespoke finishers medal (and nice bling it is)!
Usual precautions will be taken with good signage, marshals at major junctions, motorcycle out-riders to control traffic as necessary and a 'broom wagon' to help with mechanical & collections if required.
Supporting local charities which will be named at a later date!
Club Facebook Page : https://en-gb.facebook.com/cornerstonecyclingclub
Facilities on the day will include
- Refreshments at 2 water ‘stops’
- Food and showering facilities at the finish
- First Aid cover
- Broom Wagon
- Cancellations - we cannot refund entry fees after the application has been processed.
- Registration between 8:30am – 9:15am at Rathfriland Community Centre
- Mass start for 100km route at 9:30am
- Mass start for shorter route at 9:40am
- Helmets must be worn at all times
- Rules of the road must be followed at all times.
- Personal information will not be passed to any third parties.
- All participating cycling must have insurance cover via membership to a national cycling association such as Cycling Ireland. For people who are not members of Cycling Ireland an Event Licence Fee (ELF), formerly called One Day Licence (ODL’s), will be available offers the same insurance cover as full members but only for the 2018 Cornerstone Century Challenge event at a cost of £5