Shimna Wheelers CC - 3 Park Challenge
02 Mar 19
Date 2nd March 2019
On-line Entry is now closed
Shimna Wheelers Cycling Club invite you to participate in our exciting new event, The 3 Park Challenge. The 3 Park Challenge is a leisure MTB/CX Sportive starting in Newcastle and traversing some of the most demanding terrain found in the Donard, Tollymore and Castlewellan Parks before finishing back in Newcastle. The event is an endurance MTB/CX 28 mile route with 4500 feet of climbing. The route has been carefully chosen to appeal to riders from various backgrounds who wish to enjoy the incredible Mourne scenery.Your journey will take you along the Newcastle seafront, up into the iconic Mourne Mountains and surrounding hills. You will tackle gravel park roads, stone pathways, natural paths and roads on your way to conquering the 3 Park Challenge, oh and let's not forget the KOM/QOM on the last and longest climb of the day. Sign up and we will see you on Saturday 2nd March 2019.
The aim of the organisers will be to donate as a minimum £5.00 per entry fee to the Mourne Mountain Rescue Team. Details will be published on our website and facebook page after the event.
- Entry Fee £20.00 (for Cycling Ireland members) otherwise £25.00 (£5.00 for day licence)
- Cancellations - we cannot refund entry fees after the application has been processed
- For a full list of all terms & conditions please refer to the club website www.shimnawheelers.com
- Registration between 8.30am and 9:45am on 2nd March 2019 at Bryansford GAC. PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME
- Mass start at 10:00am Helmets must be worn at all times.
- RULES OF THE ROAD MUST BE ADHERED TO AT ALL TIMES
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL NOT BE PASSED TO ANY THIRD PARTIES
I understand and agree that I participate in this event entirely at my own risk, that I must rely on my own ability in dealing with all hazards and that I must ride in a manner which is safe for myself and all others. I am aware that when riding on a public highway the function of the marshals is only to indicate direction and that I must decide whether the movement is safe. I agree that no liability whatsoever shall attach to the Promoter, Promoting Club, Event Sponsor, Cycling Ireland, any Sub-Committee of Cycling Ireland, any Event Official or any Member of the Promoting Club in respect of injury, loss or damage suffered by me in or by reason of the event, however caused.
|01 Mar 2019||£20.00||£25.00|
*Discounted for members of Cycling Ireland
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Total Places: 300
Places Available: ??List