Giffordtown 5K Road Race
01 Oct 17
Fife Athletic Club
Giffordtown 5k Road Race
1st October 2017
Under SAL/UKA Rules
Start Time: 11.00 am
Age Restrictions: Runners must be 13 or older on the day of the race.
The Giffordtown 5k road race is held on a flat and fast out-and-back course on quiet country roads. There will be a Temporary Traffic Restriction Order (TTRO) in place that should ensure a traffic free environment. The Giffordtown 5k has an AUKCM course certificate ensuring that the distance is accurately measured.
Registration is at the Giffordtown Village Hall from 9.30. The start/finish area is approximately 150m from the hall. Please note that there are no showering facilities at the hall. After the race all runners will be provided with a free traditional Fife AC post-race tea.
Parking: At the Giffordtown Hall behind the hall. Limited parking on the roads next to the hall.
Prize giving: Once results have been compiled and verified, prizes will be presented inside Giffordtown Village Hall at approximately 12 noon. Age group prize winners who entered on the day may have their prizes posted to them.
There will be prizes for the 1st 3 Men and Women and the 1st athlete in the Men and Women U20, O40, O50, O60 and O70 categories.
A bonus prize of £50 will be awarded to the 1st male that beats the men's course record of 15.16 held by James Donald of Dundee Hawkhill H or to the 1st female that beats the women's course record of 16.45 held by Morag MacLarty of Central AC.
Entry Transfer Policy: All entries are non-refundable. However, we are pleased to offer a free transfer service as long as there is no evidence of selling the entry on at an increased fee. With permission of the Entry Organiser you can transfer your place to a friend/relative/teammate etc, but you must handle any reimbursement of funds directly with that person. The Entry Organiser will swap the entry details.
Please note terms and conditions of entry:
- To enter the race, a runner must be:
- Eligible to compete under SAL rules and willing to abide by those rules.
- Aged 13 years or over on the day of the race.
- Physically fit to run 5K.
- Entries for runners under the age of 18 must be made by a parent or legal guardian.
- All runners participate entirely at their own risk. The race organisers (Fife AC) and their associates shall not be liable for any accident, injury, loss or damage arising as a consequence of any runner’s participation in the race.
- Submitting an entry to the race authorises Fife AC to use for promotional purposes pictures of the runner taking part in the Giffordtown 5K race or prize-giving.
- Refunds will be made in the event of the organisers deciding to cancel the race.
Total Places: 160
Places Available: ??
|29 Sep 2017||£7.00||£9.00|
*Discounted for members of any of SA EA WA
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge