Miners' Trial Highley Sprint Triathlon
13 May 18
Now in our fifth year, the Highley Sprint Triathlon is fast establishing itself as one of the most rewarding and beautiful events in the West Midlands. We feel that it is a truly unique event in a stunning location that is rich in cultural heritage. To reflect the unique nature of the event, for 2017 we have renamed it the Miners' TRIal. In our opinion the event incorporates the most scenic bike and run routes of any Sprint Tri in the West Midlands.
So what makes the Miners' Trial in Highley such a unique event?
- The event is based at the Severn Centre in Highley, Shropshire, and run in association with Bridgnorth & Severn Centre Triathlon Club. We are a small, friendly club, and we are as passionate about triathlons as you are. Our club members will be there to support you and ensure you have great event.
- You will swim 400m in one of the few remaining heated outdoor pools in the West Midlands.
- Following the swim you will head out onto the 18km bike leg that takes in some of the stunning Shropshire scenery. Expect to Dig Deep due to the rolling Shropshire hills, and the two challenging climbs. There will be some respite though as there are also some good downhill and fast flat sections where you can really build up some speed. Whilst this is an open road event the bike leg is exclusively on quiet rural ‘B’ roads, so traffic is normally limited.
- Once you are off the bike you will head out onto our off-road 5km run. We feel that this run route is really something special. You will descend into the beautiful Severn Valley and cross the River Severn at the footbridge in the Severn Valley Country Park. You will then run along the bank of the River Severn before crossing the Historic Severn Valley Railway. It will then be time to Dig Deep once more, as the run finishes with a 1km Hill Climb Challenge back to the Severn Centre to finish.
- Convenient location. Shropshire is on the border of North Wales and is surrounded by Cheshire, Staffordshire, Herefordshire & Worcestershire. The Highley Severn Centre can be reached in around an hour or less from Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Ludlow and Shrewsbury.