The Big Cheese
05 Mar 17
- 15 miles long
- Over 2000 feet of hill climbing
- Fell race category B
- Fuly marked course
Registration opens 8:30am 5th March 2017 at Fairlands Middle School, Masons Way, Cheddar, Somerset BS27 3PG
- Baggage store
- Indoor seating area
- Tea and cake
Please note there aren’t any parking facilities at the school. Please park in the main car park in cheddar village next to the Riverside pub (Sat nav BS27 3PX)
The car park is ten minutes walk from the registration
The start is NOT at Fairlands school, it’s just over one mile away at the bottom of warren’s hill. The first two miles of the course are straight up the mendips so you might want to use this as a warm up
The finish is at Fairlands school, cross the finish line where you can buy some home-made cakes. The school is open to competitors, it will be dry and warm!
- Q Do I need to navigate or will the course be marked
- A The course is marked and marshalled, you won’t get lost
- Q What footwear do I need?
- A It’s likely to be pretty muddy so off road trainers are an advantage but you will be able to get around fine in normal trainers.
- Q Are there water stations?
- A Yes, there are water stations at miles 4, 7 and 11. There will be some snacks too, including some vegan food.
- Q Is there a cut off for the race
- A The cut off is 4 hours. There will be a sweeper to help motivate you
- Q Is there a goody bag?
- A No goody bags but lots of pizes
- Q Where can I park?
- A The main car park next to the riverside pub (BS27 3PX) has 129 spaces, all day parking is £3.50. It’s around ten minutes from the start and finish.
- Q Is there a mandatory kit list?
- A Only in the case of extreme weather conditions, so far this has not been necessary. We will inform runners by email if this is the case.
- Q Will there be refreshments at the finish?
- A Oh yes, we take our cake seriously
|05 Mar 2017||£15.00||£17.00|
*Discounted for members of any of TRA WA SA EA
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Total Places: 300
Places Available: ??List