Eastgate Runway Rumble 2017
23 Jun 17
REGISTRATION: Gloucestershire Airport Limited, Staverton, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL51 6SR - registration opens at 7:00pm START: 8:00pm FINISH midnight
This will be the 4th Eastgate Runway Rumble and is, we believe, the most unique event in the Sportif calendar due to the fact it takes place on a commercial airport and runs until midnight. They even light the main runway for us as we move into the night. In 2014 we had to wait on the airport's apron for a late jet to land before a hasty start.
The idea of the event is to ask how far can you go in 4 hours? 60,70,80,90 or is the magic 100 miles possible
Set your own goal and come and have a go!!!!
4 catergories:- Furthest Male, Furthest Female, Furthest team and Furthest all Female Team.
We have had positive feedback from our previous Rumbles, especially our female riders who have enjoyed the fact that you are never more than five minutes from mechanical support as 2 support vehicles are continually circulating the course.
Lights must be fitted charged and ready for the last hour or so of riding in the dark. (minimum 400 lumen front and rear set low less than 15 lumens) the taxi ways are not lit.
This is a road bike event. No TT bikes, No Mountain bikes. Clip-on bars will not need to be removed from a road bike (we understand how long it takes to get them right) Single speed have ridden in the past and we would love to see some Racing Tandems.
The Eastgate Runway Rumble 2017 is a fully supported closed circuit sportif:
- Clearly marked route
- Electronic chip timing
- Rider goodie bag!
- Free car parking (and plenty of it)
- A well-stocked feeding station on the apron trackside
- Mechanical support station on the apron trackside
- 2 on track support vehicles continually monitoring the track
- Medical cover 2 ambulances and a pop up first aid station on the apron (provided by MRU services)
- Individual and team distances will be published on website
- Changing and toilets available in main terminal
- The Aviator Inn will be open during and after the event for family and riders
Our entry limit for 2017 is just 350 riders. Once this limit is reached we will not be able to add any extra numbers.
Timing chips will be given to you during sign on at the registration desk.