Cupar 5 mile Road Race
03 Mar 18
Fife Athletic Club
Cupar 5 mile Road Race
Under SAL/UKA Rules
3rd March 2018
Start Time: 2.00 pm
Age Restriction: Runners must be 15 or older on the day
The Cupar 5 is an out-and-back road race run on a quiet country road, with the opportunity for fast times. There will be a Police Scotland Temporary Traffic Restriction Order (TTRO) in place that should ensure a traffic free environment. The Cupar 5 has a SAL/UKA course certificate ensuring that the distance is accurately measured.
Registration will take place at the YMCA, Marathon House, 93 Bonnygate, Cupar, opening at 12.30. Allow sufficient time to reach the race start on St. Mary's Road, which is approximately half a mile from the YMCA. Please note that there are no showering facilities at the hall.
In order to speed up the entry of runners' details into the results computer, and therefore help with producing timely results, it would be greatly appreciated if runners could enter online in advance. Entry on the day will remain available up to a limit of 200 participants, at an additional cost of £1.00.
The entry fee for the Cupar 5 is £10 with a discount of £2 for members of Scottish Athletics. The Entry Central administration fee is paid by Fife AC.
After the race all runners will be provided with a free traditional Fife AC post-race tea at the YMCA. Prizes will be presented at the YMCA as soon as possible after the race. Age group prize winners who enter on the day may have their prizes posted to them.
There will be prizes for the 1st 3 Men and Women and the 1st athlete in the Men and Women U20, O40, O50, O60 and O70 categories.
Entry Transfer Policy:
All entries are non-refundable. However, we are pleased to offer a free transfer service as long as there is no evidence of selling the entry on at an increased fee. With permission of the Entry Organiser (see below) an entry can be transfer to a friend/relative/teammate etc, but the entrant must handle any reimbursement of funds directly. The Entry Organiser will swap the entry details.
Event & Entry Organisers:
The event organiser is Frank McLaren, email:
The entry organiser is Ron Morrison, email:
Please note terms and conditions of entry:
- To enter the race, a runner must be:
- Eligible to compete under SAL rules and willing to abide by those rules.
- Aged 15 years or over on the day of the race.
- Physically fit to run 5 miles.
- Entries for runners under the age of 18 must be made by a parent or legal guardian.
- All runners participate entirely at their own risk. The race organisers (Fife AC) and their associates shall not be liable for any accident, injury, loss or damage arising as a consequence of any runner’s participation in the race.
- Submitting an entry to the race authorises Fife AC to use for promotional purposes pictures of the runner taking part in the Cupar 5 race or prize-giving.
- Entries are not normally transferable.
- Entries may not normally be deferred to a subsequent year.
- No refunds will be made except in the event of the organisers deciding to cancel the race.
Total Places: 200
Places Available: ??
|19 Mar 2018||£8.00||£10.00|
*Discounted for members of any of SA EA WA
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge