Calne Running Club Beginner's Membership 2021-22
Calne Running Club Beginner's Membership
Calne Running Club
Firstly, massive congratulations on completing the beginner's course! You have been on an amazing journey, but we don't want your journey to end here. You have proven yourself to be more than capable of joining our amazing running club family, where we will support and coach you through your future goals, be it to get faster, run further or simply keep fit and happy and enjoy the social element of the club. Either way, we want to welcome you to our fantastic club!!
As promised, because you have completed the 2021 beginners course, you are now entitled to join the club for just £15. We make no profits from our club membership and in this discounted instance, all the money will go directly to England Athletics, as the cost to register you as an official athlete is £15 :-)
Be quick though, also as advertised, we can only offer this discounted membership for two weeks. This offer will close on 27 June 2021 and the cost will go back to the standard price.
Just if you didn't know.....
Calne Running Club was founded in the early 1990’s and has recently gone from strength to strength keeping its values close to heart, fostering a community spirit and making running fun and accessible to all.
We are a friendly and enthusiastic bunch of runners who enjoy training together and sharing the joys that running can bring to people’s lives. We cater for all abilities so no matter whether you are young or old, love long distance ultra running or are trying to get to your first 5k, whether you are speedy or happy to plod, we cater for all!
Along with the many mental and physical benefits you will discover from joining our club, there are a number of other benefits you will enjoy, including:
- Membership of the longest standing running club in Calne. We foster a friendly all inclusive environment, and of course a little hard work on training nights.
- Membership of England Athletics, which offers benefits including reduced rate entry to races along with discounts at Sweatshop.
- Training sessions run by the club’s UKA qualified coaches.
- The chance to run for the club and earn the club points in the leagues we partake in, namely those organised by Wiltshire Athletic Association.
- The fun of taking part in our Club Championship (winners being announced at the annual Christmas Party).
- The chance to become a member of the running club family and take part in a wide variety of social training runs that are regularly organised by club members outside of training nights
Code of Conduct
Please be polite to all coaches, Calne Running Club leaders and all pedestrians and other road users. Should you feel unwell at any point or feel you are struggling, please alert one of the coaches or leaders as they will probably be more concerned than you are! Please follow the highway code at all times.