Calne Running Club Membership - New Members
Calne Running Club Membership
For New Members
Calne Running Club
We presume you have found this page because you are either an established member of the running community that wants to join Calne Running Club or you are a 'newby' that is looking for a club and have decided to join us, if this is the case, welcome to our fantastic club!!
Just if you didn't know.....
Calne Running Club was founded in the early 1990’s and has recently gone from strength to strength keeping its values close to heart, fostering a community spirit and making running fun and accessible to all.
We are a friendly and enthusiastic bunch of runners who enjoy training together and sharing the joys that running can bring to people’s lives. We cater for all abilities so no matter whether you are young or old, love long distance ultra running or are trying to get to your first 5k, whether you are speedy or happy to plod, we cater for all!
Along with the many mental and physical benefits you will discover from joining our club, there are a number of other benefits you will enjoy, including:
- Membership of the longest standing running club in Calne. We foster a friendly all inclusive environment, and of course a little hard work on training nights.
- Membership of England Athletics, which offers benefits including reduced rate entry to races along with discounts at Sweatshop.
- Training sessions run by the club’s UKA qualified coaches.
- The chance to run for the club and earn the club points in the leagues we partake in, namely those organised by Wiltshire Athletic Association.
- The fun of taking part in our Club Championship (winners being announced at the annual Christmas Party).
- The chance to become a member of the running club family and take part in a wide variety of social training runs that are regularly organised by club members outside of training nights
Code of Conduct
Please be polite to all coaches, Calne Running Club leaders and all pedestrians and other road users. Should you feel unwell at any point or feel you are struggling, please alert one of the coaches or leaders as they will probably be more concerned than you are! Please follow the highway code at all times.