Chris Cross 2021
04 Dec 2021
Orkney CC's - 'Chris Cross'-2021
(sponsored by The Orkney Creamery)
- The event will take place at Coplands Dock in Stromness on Saturday 4th December.
- The event format will be two categorised races, Race 1 for P2-P4 & P5-P7 and Race 2 for Youths/Adults. Youths are classed as secondary school-age and under 18 on the day of the race.
- The P2-P4 race will run for 10 minutes.
- The P5-P7 race will run for 15 minutes.
- The Youths race will run for 20 minutes
- The Adults race will run for 40 minutes
- The Adults race will also serve as Round 2 of the 2021/22 Orkney CC Cyclo-Cross Series
- Prior to each race riders will be allowed onto the course for practice.
- CX bikes, MTB's and road bikes are all acceptable although we strongly advise against using slick (road) tyres.
- There will be medals for anyone who is awesome on the day.
The (PROVISIONAL) TIMINGS
- Registration for all riders will take place in the gravel car park at Coplands Dock.
- P2-P4 & P5-P7 race registration will take place between 11.50PM to 12.00PM
- Adults/Youth registration will take place between 12.50PM and 1.00PM
- The P2-P4 & P5-P7 race will start at 12.30PM
- The Adults & youths race will start at 13.30PM
- There will be a short prize giving ceremony immediately after each race.
- Timings are subject to change.
- The entry fee is £2 per rider for P2-P7 & Youths/U18's
- The entry fee is £4 per rider for Adults
- Entry is limited to 25 riders per race
- The closing date for entries is Wednesday 1st of December 2021.
- There will be no entries taken on the day.
- A race pack with final details of the event will be sent out (via email) on Thursday 2nd December.
- This is a small, club event. Entry fees will be allocated to putting on this event and making it the best we can. Surplus funds will be used to further support the development of cyclocross in Orkney. Therefore unfortunately no refunds will be given.
- It's at Coplands Dock, Stromness
- Please park-up in the gravel car park at Coplands Dock.
The SMALL PRINT
- This is a fun event run as a coach-led racing activity.
- By entering you are agreeing to abide by the event rules and the instructions of the coach.
- Cyclists must be able to ride unsupervised to enter this event.
- If you are Under 18 you may only participate if a parent or legal guardian has agreed to these conditions and consents to your participation. You must be accompanied at the event by a responsible adult over the age of 18.
- You understand and agree that you participate in the event entirely at your own risk, that you must rely on your own ability in dealing with all hazards, and that you must conduct yourself in a manner that is safe for yourself and all others throughout the duration of the event.
- You acknowledge that participation in the event is physically strenuous and demanding. You are aware of the nature of the event and associated medical and physical risks involved. You further certify that you are physically capable of participating in the event and will only participate in the event if you are fit enough to do so.
- If you have any medical condition/s, including allergies, which the coach might need to be aware of, you undertake that you have provided details of these at the point of registration.
- You accept full liability and responsibility for any medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participating in the event.
- Whilst the coach will take every care with the staging of the event, you accept that you must make all reasonable precautions for the safeguarding of your person and of your property during your participation in the event. You further acknowledge that personal accident and personal items insurance is your responsibility.
- You accept that it is your responsibility to provide and use a suitable bicycle and helmet. The coach’s decision is final as to whether the bicycle and helmet are suitable.
- You accept that the coach reserves the right to amend the event format or cancel the event due to health and safety reasons, including storm, rain, inclement weather, winds or any other act of god conditions.
Covid-19 Specific Terms and Conditions
By submitting an entry, you hereby declare that:
- You will not attend if you have any Covid-19 Symptoms.
- You will notify the coach if you develop symptoms after the event so other attendees can be informed via the “Test and Protect” protocols
If you have any questions then please feel free to drop Pete Bentley an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
|01 Dec 2021||£4.00|
|01 Dec 2021||£2.00|
|01 Dec 2021||£2.00|
|01 Dec 2021||£2.00|
Dates and Status
Date: 04 Dec 2021
Closing Date: 01 Dec 2021
|Chris Cross 2021 - Adult||??/25|
|Chris Cross 2021 - Youth||??/25|
|Chris Cross 2021 P2-P4||??/25|
|Chris Cross 2021 P5-P7||??/25|