The Bike Shed Bute CX 2017
16 Sep 17
Back for it's fifth year, as part of the Rothesay Weekend, your favourite autumnal island cross race, the jewel of the Clyde
BUTE CYCLO CROSS 2017
Bute CX update:
Main sponsors for 2017: The Bike Shed, Rothesay https://www.facebook.com/The-Bike-Shed-181049875280862/…
- The format will be that of an OPEN race, as in open to men and women, 16 years and over - the relevant age is on 16th of September.
- Riders will commence to shred from the town centre at 5.30pm. There will be a short neutralised section through the town before competition proper starts at the entry to King George's Field. The race runs for 50 mins plus one lap of a course stacked with your favourite cyclocross features. Terrain, terroir, portage, obstacle, YOLO, we have all those French idioms. Plus a special and, for now secret, feature....
- Riders will be able to sign-on on the morning of the race as part of general signing on for the other events of the weekend (timing and venue to be announced) or at 3.30pm at the course. The course will be open for pracise around 4pm. Signing on will close at 5.00pm.
- 100 entries for the coolest cats are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Entry is £17 per rider.
- In addition to the entry fee, TLI membership will be required. If you're a member of TLI (this is NOT the same as a British Cycling membership), great, you get in for free, if not you will require a day membership. These will be available at sign on and will cost an additional £5. Under 18s will receive a free day membership. It makes a lot of sense to join TLI for £10. Even if you only do 2 events you save yourself the hassle of having to sign on for day membership each time.... Join TLI at http://www.tlicycling.org.uk/JoinRenew.aspx?cookieCheck=true
- If you have already signed up for the TLI membership as a result of entry in one of the other events forming part of the Rothesay Weekend held earlier on in the day then proof of this is all that will be required.
- The closing date for advance entries is the 11th of September.
- Bute is one of the easiest races on the calendar to get to. The CalMac ferry from Wemyss Bay to Rothesay is regular and inexpensive. Plus, if you don't want to take a car, there are frequent trains from Glasgow to Wemyss Bay.
- The race is at King George's Field, Rothesay, ISLE OF BUTE. Come off the boat and head south straight onto High St and continue south for around 0.5km. We'll have some big makeshift sign to let you know you've arrived at Cross Paridiso. Sign-on will be pretty much inside the gate to King George's Field.
King George's Field, Rothesay, Isle of Bute PA20 9BN