DirtRun Black Country Ultra 2017
12 Mar 2017
The DirtRun Ultra - Have you got what it takes?
We’re delighted to introduce a brand new event for 2017 - the DirtRun Black Country Ultra!
When: Sunday 12th March 2017
Where: Start and finish at Himley Hall (situated between Kingswinford and Wombourne)
How: The 32 mile loop is broken down into 4 x 8 mile segments and can be taken on solo, as a relay pair, or in teams of 4.
The DirtRun Black Country Ultra is a fantastic scenic urban loop around our historic Black Country. Working with Dudley Metropolitan Council, Sandwell District Council and the Canal and River Trust, expect everything you love about a Pulse Pursuits event but in the form of an Ultra.
The route is set among some great urban escapes – old railway lines, canal towpaths, tunnels and other exciting things that you just don’t get to see from the roads.
What is an Ultra
An Ultra event comes under the category of long distance running, and is generally a 30+ mile running event.
We want to make our event as accessible to as many people as possible, so you can choose to enter solo, as relay pairs, or in a team of 4. The event is split into 4 x segments of 8 miles.
Seasoned Ultra runners will enjoy the potential for a fast pace with interesting things to see throughout the route. Newcomers to this style of running will benefit from a well organised event and participant support.
The start and finish venue is Himley Hall, situated between Kingswinford and Wombourne. This will be the base for our event village which will provide refreshments, trade stands and post race massage.
The route itself is 99% traffic free, with just three minor, marshalled, road crossings. The majority of the route is on well surfaced disused railway lines and canal towpaths. Shoe choice is very much a personal choice.
- From Himley Hall, the route heads north via Wombourne and Lower Penn, to Wolverhampton, and the first check point at Aldersley Stadium after 8.5miles.
- From here it’s on around the east of Wolverhampton, down through the Coseley canal tunnel (329 metres) – head torches recommended, and on to Tipton and the second check point, at Victoria Park, after 16.5miles
- Leg 3 is a mandatory head torch section, as it almost immediately features the 2.7km long Netherton Tunnel, one of the longest in the UK. At 24 miles, comes the third and final check point, on the edge of the Merry Hill Centre.
- The final leg takes in Brockmoor, Pensnett, before a largely wooded, and potentially muddy,run in via Baggeridge Country Park, to the finish back at Himley Hall, and a well earned bespoke medal, plus bottle of Teme Valley Brewery ale.
The route will be fully waymarked, and runners will also receive a set of printed instructions, a printed route map, along with a gpx file to download to your gps device. (These will be available early 2017)
There are 3 check points on the route, which also mark the ‘change-over/relay’ points for
teams. Each check point will offer water, cake, energy food and drink and first aid assistance.
Enter now for Early Bird Discount
The minimum age for runners (unaccompanied) is 18 years old on race day. Runners aged 14-18 yrs may run, but must be accompanied by a parent/guardian
Sign up before 15th January and you’ll benefit from our Early Bird Fees which are shown in bold alongside our standard fees.
– Male SOLO £35 / £45
– Female SOLO £35 / £45
– Male PAIRS £55 (per pair) / £65
– Female PAIRS £55 (per pair) / £65
– Mixed PAIRS £55 (per pair) / £65
– Teams of Four £75 (per team) / £85 – AT LEAST ONE MEMBER MUST BE FEMALE
FREE MASSAGE at finish for all solo runners. Other categories will be asked to pay a small charge. We’ll have prizes for the first three in each category, and all finishers will receive a bespoke medal.
RACE STARTS AT 09:30
This event supports The Mary Stevens Hospice who provide specialist palliative care in the Dudley Borough. £1 from all entry fees will be donated direct to charity. Participants may make additional voluntary contributions as desired on the on-line entry page
In addition we are supporting the work of the Canal and River Trust, with a donation option on the entry link too.
|DirtRun Black Country Ultra - RELAY TEAM OF FOUR||12 Mar 2017||??/500||Closed||07 Mar 2017|
|DirtRun Black Country Ultra - RELAY PAIRS||12 Mar 2017||??/500||Closed||07 Mar 2017|
|DirtRun Black Country Ultra - SOLO||12 Mar 2017||??/500||Closed||07 Mar 2017|
These events share a common pool of 500 places
|15 Jan 2017||£75.00|
|07 Mar 2017||£85.00|
|15 Jan 2017||£55.00|
|07 Mar 2017||£65.00|
|15 Jan 2017||£35.00|
|07 Mar 2017||£45.00|
To sign-up for this event on EntryCentral with a card payment, the Service Fee is 4% (min 50p) for each sign-up