Browsing or Shopping?
Please see the Terms and Conditions page.
Your card details are handled by Sagepay, who do not share your full card details with us or anyone else. About Sagepay. When you make a payment, Sagepay tell us only the last 4 digits of the long number, so that we can help you reconcile your accounts later through your secure User Account login.
We use Tinfoil Security to regularly scan EntryCentral for vulnerabilities. Click to verify
Organisers can choose whether the competitor should pay the transaction charge upfront, or whether to pay the transaction charge later themselves, or a mixture of both. Where the organiser chooses to pay the transaction charge themselves, there is no surcharge to the entrant.
The Organiser's contact details are shown on the Essentials tab of the info page for the event or membership.
If a Waiting List is available for an event, the option will be shown to you on the Event's page. Not all events support Waiting Lists, and some support limited Waiting Lists.
Please use the Email Form to contact us. We cannot answer questions about particular events, see "How do I contact the event organiser?" for that.
The entire payments industry has discontinued support for Internet Explorer versions up to version 9, and you will find fewer and fewer websites which will allow you to pay for things. Sagepay will not process payments for users of these browsers, so it makes no sense for us to allow you to set up in a shopping basket which you cannot pay for. You can still browse for information, however, but we don't guarantee that things will work as they should.
Going to an event?
Each event has its own refund policy. Contact the event organiser, who will determine what you are due according to their own refund policy and/or EntryCentral's refund policy, and will instruct EntryCentral as appropriate
The contact details for organisers are shown on the event's information page.
If you have an EntryCentral account you can login and make the change yourself.
If you signed up as a guest user, you will need to contact the event organiser with enough information to identify yourself, and details of the change you want to make.
These codes have been specified by the race organiser for the event. They often follow guidelines from the National Governing Body. Please contact the individual organiser for more details.
Check your spam folders, if you still can't find it please contact the organiser who can resend a duplicate. If that still doesn't work, it's because your email address is not accepting email from our server and you will have to supply the organiser with another email address.
Organising an event?
Please see the Information For Organisers shown below, then use the Email Form to contact us.
Launched in 2003, EntryCentral is the leading online entry agency in the UK for multisport events, and we’re working on the other sports.
Simple. Secure. Low cost
Providing secure and simple low cost online entry for entrants and organisers is what we do best. We securely manage over twenty thousand event registrations and club memberships every month, from triathlon to motorcross and from Orkney to Cornwall. We continually improve our service based on feedback from you.
EntryCentral is ideally suited to any event or organisation seeking public sign ups. We offer competitors and you the organiser an easy to use, secure and industrybeating low cost online entry system for races, club memberships or indeed for anything requiring the applicant to fill out a form with their personal details.
With hundreds of events available to choose from, visitors to EntryCentral entering one event often enter several in one transaction.
Our easy to use system removes the bulk of your paper administration with a simple set up process and features designed to help you manage your data.
- Signup information: Organiser contacts EntryCentral.com with information about their event or membership, ideally with links to any existing forms (current or previous).Email Form
- Organiser login: EntryCentral sets up a login for the new organiser, and an online form in a testing state.
- Testing: The sign-up form is tested and refined until the organiser is happy.
- Launch: Organiser launches the form for public sign-ups.
EntryCentral key features
We offer the following management features as standard.
Data management features:
- A database for all sign-ups, not just online sign-ups. (See Paper Forms)
- Organisers control their own events and memberships at EntryCentral, through their own personal login.
- Set up teams of organisers
- Configurable sign-up forms. You may ask any number of additional questions specific to your event, over and above the usual name, address etc. required for all events
- Customised sign-up process including event logos, sponsors, and optional charity involvement
- Series – filling in one form allows onetick sign-up to other identical events in a series, instead of filling in a form for each one.
- Festivals groups of subevents in the same location on the same day that can optionally share one allocation of slots.
- Weekly financial settlement, paid directly to your nominated BACS details, with an accompanying statement of activity.
- Immediate email receipts
- Withdrawals and payment card refunds
- Waiting Lists for events that have reached their limit, with deferred card payments.
- Pay-by-cheque (See Pay-By-Cheque)
- Shopping basket for buying many sign-ups with one card transaction
- Discounts where buying two or more sign-ups qualifies the user for a discount
- Early-bird sign-up fees e.g. £10 until 1st May, £15 until closing date
- Hot Tickets – we can ease frustration and panic for fast-selling events by giving users ample time to complete sign-ups and pay for them, once they've reserved a slot.
- Users with accounts can review/manage their own sign-ups, if they change their minds about e.g. an event t-shirt
EntryCentral.com uses the established payment clearance house Stripe to handle users' payment card details. The following card types are accepted:
- VISA Debit
- VISA Electron
- American Express
Stripe implements Verified By VISA and Mastercard SecureCode for added protection on cards that are registered with these schemes.
Other payment methods
EntryCentral acknowledges that some users will not want to enter their card details onto the internet, no matter how secure the system. We support two other ways for your customers to sign-up:
The user fills in a sign-up form at EntryCentral, but at checkout time chooses to pay by cheque rather than by card. The user is given a unique number to write on the back of a cheque, and the address of one of your organiser team to whom it should be posted. This feature is optional for each event or membership.
Organisers can continue to distribute paper forms, and when they are returned, the organiser can log on to EntryCentral and type in the entrant details from paper forms. You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to, but it helps to keep all your data in one place, and if there's an email address we'll send an email receipt so you can acknowledge the sign-up for free.
EntryCentral can replace any existing database you have.
Security is paramount at EntryCentral. During card transactions the user’s browser is temporarily redirected to Sagepay and the user types in their card details over a 256bit secure link. Sagepay informs EntryCentral when a transaction has been completed, and EntryCentral then adds the user to the start list and issues email receipts.
We use website security company Tinfoil Security to independently scan our systems for any vulnerabilities. Tinfoil Security compares favourably against other website security services. Click the badge to check EntryCentral's certification:
EntryCentral spans two dedicated servers in different locations, each with RAID 1 harddrive failure protection. Backups are taken hourly and stored securely elsewhere.
Service charges - card payments
We offer a low-cost service charge. 4% or £0.50 (whichever is greater) on payments and refunds, VATinclusive. So items or £12.50 or less have a 50p service charge, and items more than £12.50 have a 4% service charge.
- £5 entry fee, 50p Service Charge
- £10 entry fee, 50p Service Charge
- £30 entry fee, £1.20 Service Charge
EntryCentral charges can be surcharged directly to the user, or paid by you the organiser later, or split between competitor and organiser. Smaller upfront surcharges to users results in more card payments, and less work for organisers.
For low-cost events the Service Charge is less than the cost of sending a cheque with second-class postage.
Events with more than 1500 entrants may be able to negotiate better rates, please get in touch for more info.
Service charges - pay-by-cheque confirmations
As organiser you can choose to opt in or out of the pay-by-cheque feature. The user types in all their details on EntryCentral, has decided to pay-by-cheque, and has sent you a cheque with a unique reference. Confirming receipt of the cheque completes the sign-up.
£0.50 per confirmation is charged by EntryCentral to you the organiser.
Organisers can choose not to support pay-by-cheque for each event or membership
Service charges - paper/VIP entries
Where you receive a completed paper entry form and a cheque, you type the details into EntryCentral through your login. It results in an immediate email receipt to the entrant/joiner. This is free of charge.
The EntryCentral Guarantee
Our charging structure allows you financially risk-free use of EntryCentral. If you choose to surcharge the EntryCentral charge to the user, don’t do any refunds, and switch off pay-by-cheque, your use of EntryCentral costs you nothing.
EntryCentral will issue a statement of financial activity and will settle directly to your nominated bank account every Monday, for the previous week’s activity. The statement details income and charges for each of your events/memberships. We don't require you to manage another costly relationship with any third-party services such as PayPal or Stripe.