Browsing or Shopping?
Please see the Terms and Conditions page.
Your card details are handled by Sagepay, who do not share your card details with us or anyone else. About Sagepay
Organisers can choose whether the competitor should pay the transaction charge upfront, or whether to pay the transaction charge later themselves, or a mixture of both. Where the organiser chooses to pay the transaction charge themselves, there is no surcharge to the entrant.
The Organiser's contact details are shown on the Essentials tab of the info page for the event or membership.
If a Waiting List is available for an event, the option will be shown to you on the Event's page. Not all events support Waiting Lists, and some support limited Waiting Lists.
Please use the Email Form to contact us. We cannot answer questions about particular events, see "How do I contact the event organiser?" for that.
The entire payments industry is discontinuing support for Internet Explorer versions 6 and 8, and you will find fewer and fewer websites which will allow you to pay for things. IE8 has not had a security update since Feb 2011, and many security vulnerabilities have been discovered since. Sagepay will not process payments for users of these browsers, so it makes no sense for us to allow you to set up in a shopping basket which you cannot pay for. You can still browse for information, however.
We use Sagepay to handle the payments, and you can use their error code lookup tool.
Additionally, if you encounter a 5003 "Internal Server Error" it's because a previous payment attempt has failed and left a damaged cookie on your browser. You can try any of the following:
- try closing down your browser completely (all tabs) and opening again
- try a different browser on the same device
- try a different device
- before trying again, remove any checkout.sagepay.com cookies from your browser (referring to your browser's help page for guidance)
If you don't want to do Option 4, the damaged cookie(s) will expire eventually anyway.
Going to an event?
Each event has its own refund policy. Contact the event organiser, who will determine what you are due according to their own refund policy and/or EntryCentral's refund policy, and will instruct EntryCentral as appropriate
The contact details for organisers are shown on the event's information page.
Contact the event organiser with enough information to identify yourself, and details of the change you want to make.
These codes have been specified by the race organiser for the event. They often follow guidelines from the National Governing Body. Please contact the individual organiser for more details.
Check your spam folders, if you still can't find it please contact the organiser who can resend a duplicate. If that still doesn't work, it's because your email address is not accepting email from our server and you will have to supply the organiser with another email address.
Organising an event?
Please see the Information For Organisers shown below, then use the Email Form to contact us.
Launched in 2003, EntryCentral is the leading online entry agency in the UK for multisport events, and we’re working on the other sports. We also offer the lowest service charge in the UK online entry industry for low cost events.
Simple. Secure. Low cost
Providing secure and simple low cost online entry for entrants and organisers is what we do best. We securely manage over ten thousand event registrations and club memberships every month, from triathlon to motorcross and from Orkney to Cornwall. We continually improve our service based on feedback from you.
EntryCentral is ideally suited to any event or organisation seeking public sign ups. We offer competitors and you the organiser an easy to use, secure and industrybeating low cost online entry system for races, club memberships or indeed for anything requiring the applicant to fill out a form with their personal details.
With hundreds of events available to choose from, visitors to Entrycentral entering one event often enter several.
Our easy to use system removes the bulk of your paper administration with a simple set up process and features designed to help you manage your data.
- Entry information. Organiser contacts EntryCentral.com with information about their event or membership, ideally with links to any existing forms (current or previous).Email Form
- Organiser login. EntryCentral sets up a login for the new organiser, and an online form in a testing state.
- Testing. The sign-up form is tested and refined until the organiser is happy.
- Launch. Organiser launches the form for public entries.
EntryCentral key features
We offer the following management features as standard.
Data management features:
- A database for all sign-ups, not just online sign-ups. (See Paper Forms)
- Organisers control their own events and memberships at EntryCentral, through their own personal login.
- Set up teams of organisers
- Configurable sign-up forms. You may ask any number of additional questions specific to your event, over and above the usual name, address etc. required for all events
- Customised sign-up process including event logos, sponsors, optional charity involvement, and relay teams
- Series – filling in one form allows onetick sign-up to other similar events in a series, instead of filling in a form for each one.
- Festivals groups of subevents in the same location on the same day that can optionally share one allocation of slots.
- Immediate email receipts
- Withdrawals and payment card refunds
- Waiting Lists for events that have reached their limit, with deferred card payments.
- Pay-by-cheque (See Pay-By-Cheque)
- Shopping basket for buying many sign-ups with one card transaction
- Discounts where buying two or more sign-ups qualifies the user for a discount
- Early-bird sign-up fees e.g. £10 until 1st May, £15 until closing date
- Hot Tickets – we can ease frustration and panic for fast-selling events by giving users ample time to complete sign-ups and pay for them. It needn't be a race to pay, just to sign-up.
EntryCentral.com uses the established payment clearance house SagePay to handle users' payment card details. The following card types are accepted:
- VISA Debit
- VISA Electron
Sagepay implements Verified By VISA and Mastercard SecureCode for added protection on cards that are registered with these schemes. We do not handle American Express cards because the associated processing charges are too expensive, and not handling American Express allows us to keep our transaction charges low.
Other payment methods
EntryCentral acknowledges that some users will not want to enter their card details onto the internet, no matter how secure the system. We support two other ways for your entrant list to become populated:
The user fills in a sign-up form at EntryCentral, but at checkout time chooses to pay by cheque rather than by card. The user is given a unique number to write on the back of a cheque, and the address of one of your organiser team to whom it should be posted. This feature is optional for each event.
Organisers can continue to distribute paper forms, and when they are returned, the organiser can log on to EntryCentral and type in the entrant details from paper forms. You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to, but it helps to keep all your data in one place.
EntryCentral can replace any existing database you have.
Security is paramount at EntryCentral. During card transactions the user’s browser is temporarily redirected to Sagepay and the user types in their card details over a 256bit secure link. This means that EntryCentral does not deal with card details at all. Sagepay informs EntryCentral when a transaction has been completed, and EntryCentral then adds the user to the start list and issues email receipts.
EntryCentral.com spans two dedicated servers in different locations, each with RAID 1 harddrive failure protection. Backups are taken hourly and stored securely elsewhere.
Service charges - card payments
We currently offer the lowest service charge in the sign-up agency industry for low cost events. 5% or £0.60 (whichever is greater) on payments and refunds, VATinclusive.
- £5 entry fee, 60p Service Charge
- £10 entry fee, 60p Service Charge
- £20 entry fee, £1.00 Service Charge
..so items or £12 or less have a 60p service charge, and items more than £12 have a 5% service charge.
EntryCentral charges can be surcharged directly to the user, or paid by you the organiser later, or split between competitor and organiser. Smaller upfront surcharges to users results in more card payments, and less work for organisers.
For low-cost events the Service Charge is less than the cost of a first-class postage stamp.
Events with more than 1500 entrants may be able to negotiate better rates, please get in touch for more info.
Service charges - pay-by-cheque confirmations
As organiser you can choose to opt in or out of the pay-by-cheque feature. The user types in all their details on EntryCentral, has decided to pay-by-cheque, and has sent you a cheque with a unique reference. Confirming receipt of the cheque completes the sign-up.
£0.50 per confirmation is charged by EntryCentral to you the organiser.
Organisers can choose not to support pay-by-cheque for each event or membership
Service charges - paper/VIP entries
Where you receive a completed paper entry form and a cheque, you type the details into EntryCentral through your login. It results in an immediate email receipt to the entrant/joiner. This is free of charge.
The EntryCentral Guarantee
Our charging structure allows you financially risk-free use of EntryCentral. If you choose to surcharge the EntryCentral charge to the user, don’t do any refunds, and switch off pay-by-cheque, your use of EntryCentral costs you nothing.
EntryCentral will issue a statement of financial activity and will settle directly to your bank account every Monday, for the previous week’s activity. The statement details income and charges for each of your events/memberships.