Tour of Fife 2019
10 Jul 19
Fife Athletic Club
Tour of Fife 2019
10th July to 14th July 2019
Under SAL/UKA Rules
Sponsored by Morton Running Company
The Tour of Fife 2019 consists of five races of different disciplines, held over consecutive days from Wednesday, 10th July until Sunday, 14th July 2019. See the Fife AC Forum at http://forum.fifeac.org for details, the Tour of Fife 2019 Facebook page or the Fife AC Twitter account. Entries close at midnight on 7/7/2019.
- 10th July, 7.30pm – Beach Race, West Sands, St Andrews
- 11th July, 7.30pm – Hill Race, East Lomond. The Hill Race will start at the foot of East Lomond on the track up from the recently demolished factory in Falkland. Participants will climb East Lomond via a marked trail (not up the steps) to the summit, from the summit down to the gate then on the footpath towards Craigmead, and down the path to finish in the Falkland Estate.
- 12th July, 7.30pm – One Mile Time Trial. One mile along Kirkcaldy Promenade in the direction of the prevailing wind. The leaders will be set out first in a head to head followed by the next fastest pairings at 30 second intervals.
- 13th July, 2.00pm – 5km Road Race. 5k on Boblingen Way in Glenrothes starting at the Lomond Centre, running an “out and back” course.
- 14th July, 2.00pm – Trail Race. Basing ourselves in Falkland Community Hall the trail race will be within the Falkland Estate and around 10k.
Post-race refreshments and prize giving will take place in Falkland Village Hall immediately after the final race.
Due to the nature of this event, some race details may be subject to change at short notice
The Event Organiser is Frank McLaren, email: email@example.com
Entry is via Entry Central opening on Saturday, 1st June, 2019 at 6pm. Please note that the series is by pre-entry only as no entries will be taken on the days of the races. To enter this event you must be over 15 years of age on 10th July 2019.
The entry fee for the Tour is £27 with a discount of £2 for members of Scottish Athletics.
Entry Transfer Policy:
All entries are non-refundable. However, up to 1st July, we are pleased to offer a free transfer service as long as there is no evidence of selling the entry on at an increased fee. With permission of the Entry Organiser (see below) you can transfer your place to a friend/relative/teammate etc, but you must handle any reimbursement of funds directly with that person. The Entry Organiser will swap the entry details.
The Entry Organiser is Ron Morrison, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Race numbers will be allocated at your first race and the same number must be worn for all subsequent races.
Entrants can complete the full series or run as many individual races as they wish. Times and finishing positions are recorded at each race. The overall series and age category results are decided on the cumulative time for the individual races over the five days.
Individual and cumulative race results will be published on the Facebook page and the Fife AC Forum as soon as possible after each race.
Prizes will be presented after the final race. Prizes will be presented the first three finishers in the following male and female age categories as follows:- Overall, U20, Senior, O40, O50, O60 and O70. All finishers are eligible in the overall category and their own age group. However only 1 prize per finisher will be awarded with the overall category taking precedence.
Every entrant of the Tour will receive a Tour of Fife 2019 commerative mug.
Prizes will be awarded for the overall series finishers. Please note, no prizes will be given for individual races of the race series.
You should have a sufficient standard of fitness to be able to compete on five consecutive days and have no known medical condition that would adversely affect your ability to run or cause the race organiser concern. You are reminded not to run if you feel ill or have a cold or flu on race day as this could be potentially dangerous to your health. Do not take part if you have any respiratory illness or any recent medical condition that impacts on your ability to safely carry out strenuous exercise.
|07 Jul 2019||£25.00||£27.00|
*Discounted for members of any of SA EA WA
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Total Places: 200
Places Available: ??List