Tour of Fife 2017
05 Jul 17
Fife Athletic Club
Tour of Fife 2017
5th July to 9th July 2017
Under SAL/UKA Rules
Sponsored by Morton Running Company
The Tour of Fife 2017 consists of five races of different disciplines, held over consecutive days from Wednesday, 5th July until Sunday, 9th July 2017. See the Fife AC Forum at http://forum.fifeac.org for details, the Tour of Fife 2017 Facebook page or the Fife AC Twitter account .
- 5th July, 7.30pm – Beach Race, West Sands, St Andrews
- 6th July, 7.30pm – Hill Race, East Lomond. Starting in the Falkland Estate follow the path up to Craigmead, across the road, up to the summit of the East Lomond, down the “main” path to the top of the steps, just inside the woods take a left down a forest track to avoid the steps and finish at the bottom of said track in the woods above the site of the old factory.
- 7th July, 7.30pm – One Mile Time Trial. One mile along Kirkcaldy Promenade in the direction of the prevailing wind. The leaders will be set out first in a head to head followed by the next fastest pairings at 30 second intervals.
- 8th July, 2.00pm – 5km Road Race. 5k on Boblingen Way in Glenrothes starting at the Lomond Centre, running an “out and back” course
- 9th July, 2.00pm – Trail Race. Basing ourselves in Strathmiglo Village Hall. The start is about a mile from the hall on the tarmac path from the chicken farm and this course will be long enough and sufficiently testing to potentially make a difference to overall positions.
Post-race refreshments and prize giving will take place in Strathmiglo Village Hall immediatley after the final race.
Due to the nature of this event, some race details may be subject to change at short notice
The event organiser is Frank McLaren, email:
Entry is via Entry Central opening on Wednesdsay, 10th May, 2017 at 7.00pm. Please note that the series is by pre-entry only as no entries will be taken on the days of the races. To enter this event you must be over 15 years of age on 5th July 2017.
The entry fee for the Tour is £27 with a discount of £2 for members of Scottish Athletics.
Entry Transfer Policy:
All entries are non-refundable. However, we are pleased to offer a free transfer service as long as there is no evidence of selling the entry on at an increased fee. With permission of the Entry Organiser (see below) you can transfer your place to a friend/relative/teammate etc, but you must handle any reimbursement of funds directly with that person. The Entry Organiser will swap the entry details.
The entry organiser is Ron Morrison, email:
Race numbers will be allocated at your first race and the same number must be worn for all subsequent races.
Entrants can complete the full series or run as many individual races as they wish. Times and finishing positions are recorded at each race. The overall series and age category results are decided on the cumulative time for the individual races over the five days.
Individual and cumulative race results will be published on the Facebook page and the Fife AC Forum as soon as possible after each race.
Prizes will be presented after the final race.
Every entrant of the Tour will receive a goody bag containing race mementos.
Prizes will be awarded for the overall series finishers. Please note, no prizes will be given for individual races of the race series.
Prizes will be presented in the various age categories as follows:-
|F Sen||M Sen||1st, 2nd, 3rd|
|F40||M40||1st, 2nd, 3rd|
You should have a sufficient standard of fitness to be able to compete on five consecutive days and have no known medical condition that would adversely affect your ability to run or cause the race organiser concern. You are reminded not to run if you feel ill or have a cold or flu on race day as this could be potentially dangerous to your health. Do not take part if you have any respiratory illness or any recent medical condition that impacts on your ability to safely carry out strenuous exercise.
Total Places: 150
Places Available: ??
*Discounted for members of any of SA WA EA
For each sign-up with a card payment, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 5% (min 60p). You pay no surcharge