Online Triathlon Young Activator
07 Nov 2020 - 21 Nov 2020
Triathlon Young Activator (Online Course)
This course will provide young people (aged 14-17) with the opportunity to gain the skills and confidence to lead and assist in the delivery of triathlon sessions and grow participation in their local club, school, or community group.
Young Activators will develop the skills to:
- Assist a coach with the set up and running of club activities.
- Lead sessions under the supervision of a coach or PE teacher. This might involve helping to organise an activity within a session i.e a transition skills challenge, leading the warm-up/warm down, splitting athletes into groups in preparation for the session.
- Assist in wider club or school triathlon activities such as volunteering or helping to organise GO TRI events or other competitions.
This is NOT a coaching qualification. However, this award can provide useful insight into the role of a coach, and might be the first step towards a formal coaching qualification in the future. The course gives Young Activators the skills and experience to improve the enjoyment and quality of club and school triathlon sessions, which will also help to further grow the sport.
Participants need to attend all 3 sessions to become an activator. It is expected that participants log into the call from home for health and safety reasons as well ensuring the best possible learning experience for all participants and the tutor.
- Aged between 14-17
- Must be a British Triathlon Home Nation member
- 7th November 2020 @ 10:00 - 12:00
- 14th November 2020 @ 10:00 - 12:00
- 21st November 2020 @ 10:00 - 12:00
|04 Nov 2020||£30.00|
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Total Places: 12
Places Available: ??List