Level 2 Coaching (Online Delivery) - TS2022OL
06 Mar 2021
Triathlon Scotland - Level 2 Coaching Qualification
Online Delivery - TS2022OL
Online Delivery Overview
The online delivery part of the qualification includes:
- Webinar Series - 7 webinars (totalling 15 hours) delivered over a three week period.
The course is supported by an online resource, which contains all the information required to complete the course, and develop your own coaching knowledge and skills.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Hold a level 1 triathlon coach qualification or complete an Approved Prior Learning application.
- Be a valid Core Coach or Ultimate Coach Home Nation member. This is to provide coaching insurance cover.
- Have access to a device for the online resource.
- You will need access to a computer (desktop/laptop) or a tablet and a good internet connection; some smartphones can also connect.
Wellbeing & Protection Information
Coaches who do regulated work with children or vulnerable adults will be required to undergo a PVG check and complete Child Wellbeing & Protection in Sport Training.
If you are unsure whether or not the coaching you will be doing is classed as regulated work, please speak with your Club Wellbeing Officer or Triathlon Scotland.
- Webinar 1: 6 March 2021 9-11am - Introduction & Core Content 1
- Webinar 2: 7 March 2021 9-11am - Core Content 2
- Webinar 3: 13 March 2021 9-11am - Core Content 3
- Webinar 4: 14 March 2021 9-11am - Core Content 4
- Webinar 5: 20 March 2021 9-11am - Coaching Cycling/Coaching Running
- Webinar 6: 21 March 2021 9-11am - Coaching Running/Coaching Cycling
- Webinar 7: 27 March 2021 9am-12pm - Coaching Swimming
The total cost for the Level 2 Coaching Qualification is £620 (£270 if eligible for sportscotland subsidy*).
This cost will be broken down as follows:
- Online Delivery: £500 (You may be eligible for a £350 subsidy for this element of the course)*
- Practical Delivery: £120 - Dates and locations will be released as restrictions allow.
*To be eligible for the sportscotland subsidy:
- Applicants must demonstrate coaching activity within 6 months of applying for the subsidy (at least once per month / 12 sessions per year). This coaching activity must take place in Scotland.
- You must describe how this qualification will have an impact on schools, clubs or the community.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions in relation to the sessions.