Level 1 Coaching (Online Delivery) - TS1057OL
20 Oct 2021
Triathlon Scotland - Level 1 Coaching Qualification
Online Delivery - TS1057OL
Online Delivery Overview
The online delivery part of the qualification includes:
- Webinar Series - 4 webinars (totalling 7 hours) delivered over a three week period.
The course is supported by an online resource, which contains all the information required to complete the course, and develop your own coaching knowledge and skills.
- Learners must be at least 16 years of age at the commencement of the learning programme. Learners over 18 once qualified can work independently; those under 18 must have supervision.
- Hold a valid Triathlon Scotland (or other Home Nation) Coach Membership. This is to provide you with the appropriate insurance to cover your coaching practice.
- Have access to an electronic device for accessing our online resources.
- You will need access to a computer (desktop/laptop) or a tablet and a good internet connection; some smartphones can also connect.
Wellbeing & Protection Information
Coaches who do regulated work with children or vulnerable adultsin their club will be required to undergo a PVG check and complete Child Wellbeing & Protection in Sport Training.
If you are unsure whether or not the coaching you will be doing is classed as regulated work, please speak with your Club Wellbeing Officer or Triathlon Scotland - email@example.com
- Webinar 1: 20 October 2021 6-9pm - Introduction & Core Content:
- Webinar 2: 25 October 2021 7-8pm - Coaching Cycling/Coaching Running
- Webinar 3: 27 October 2021 7-8pm - Coaching Running/Coaching Cycling
- Webinar 4: 1 November 2021 7-9pm - Coaching Swimming
The total cost for the Level 1 Coaching Qualification is £320 (£245 if eligible for sportscotland subsidy*).
This cost will be broken down as follows:
- Online Delivery: £200 (You may be eligible for a £75 subsidy for this element of the course)*
- Practical Delivery: £120 - Dates and locations will be released as restrictions allow.
*To be eligible for the sportscotland subsidy:
- Applicants must demonstrate coaching activity within 6 months of applying for the subsidy (at least once per month / 12 sessions per year). This coaching activity must take place in Scotland.
- You must describe how this qualification will have an impact on schools, clubs or the community.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions in relation to the sessions.