Shimna Wheelers CC - Shimna Challenge Sportive
09 Jul 17
Are you up for the challenge ???
On-line Entry is NOW Open
If you are …… then welcome to what is sure to be one of the best leisure cycling events in the Northern Ireland calendar.
Join us for the Shimna Challenge (Sportive with a twist!) on 9th July 2017. This year we have two options. A 50 mile or a 30 mile option through the heart of the Mournes. The event will be suitable for everyone from leisure cyclist to club racers, 2 routes are on offer. Sign on is at Bryansford GAC, Castlewellan Road, Newcastle from 8.30am; with wheels down at 10am.
Challenge Day will include:
- £15 entry fee on the day (For Cycling Ireland Members) otherwise £20 or £10 online (For Cycling Ireland Members) otherwise £15 (£5 for day licence)
- online entry (entry central) Early bird savings.
- free carparking (Bryansford GAC)
- motorcycle support / outriders
- broom wagon / mechanical support
- breath taking scenery
- great craic with “bike” minded individuals
- food stop at mid way point
- tasty food stop at the end
- shower / changing facilities
- Support telephone number and wristband
YOU CAN NOW FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
Full details available on our website at Shimna Wheelers CC
- Cancellations - we cannot refund entry fees after the application has been processed
- Registration between 8.30am and 9:45am on 9th July 2017. PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME
- Mass start at 10:00am Helmets must be worn at all times.
- RULES OF THE ROAD MUST BE ADHERED TO AT ALL TIMES
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL NOT BE PASSED TO ANY THIRD PARTIES
I understand and agree that I participate in this event entirely at my own risk, that I must rely on my own ability in dealing with all hazards and that I must ride in a manner which is safe for myself and all others. I am aware that when riding on a public highway the function of the marshals is only to indicate direction and that I must decide whether the movement is safe. I agree that no liability whatsoever shall attach to the Promoter, Promoting Club, Event Sponsor, Cycling Ireland, any Sub-Committee of Cycling Ireland, any Event Official or any Member of the Promoting Club in respect of injury, loss or damage suffered by me in or by reason of the event, however caused.
Total Places: 300
Places Available: ??
*Discounted for members of Cycling Ireland
For each sign-up with a card payment, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 5% (min 60p). You pay no surcharge