Stranraer Water Sports Association
The Association exists as as a not for profit organisation It aims to
- Establish and maintain a ‘water sports centre’ to foster the interests of all varieties of water sport including (although not an exclusive list) sailing, wind surfing, kayaking, canoeing, skiff rowing, water skiing, etc. by increased participation in the supported sports.
- Develop a membership that embraces both water related and social activities, open to both its members and visitors, thus fostering the development of Stranraer as a desirable holiday destination.
- Create an association that embraces all ages and social groups, specifically taking positive steps to encourage participation of the disabled and those from disadvantaged social backgrounds.
- Provide facilities to approved groups for sailing, racing and other water borne activities as approved by the Committee.
- Promote and encourage training linked to good practices in the launching, sailing and recovery of watercraft.
- Organise any racing under the rules of the ISAF, RYA, SRA, ICF, IWA and class rules as may be applicable and appropriate.
- Provide social and other facilities for the benefit of members of the SWSA as approved by the Committee.
- Liaise and foster cooperation with all other organisations who have a shared interest in the water and its opportunities.
The fee for the period until 31st December 2017 will be £10, or £5 if you are under 18 or in full time education. If you want a card for the showers and toilets, this will cost an additional £5. This fee for the key is once only, so if you have a key, it will still be valid. Junior members will not be able to obtain a key.
At present this fee is to help the Association act in the interest of watersports users and will be reviewed through the year. Members will receive regular updates on progress towards better facilities in Stranraer.
We are keen to encourage new members, and are aware that your support is already very generous, so that we have kept the entry fee at last year's prices. You can donate to the association by sending a cheque to our treasurer, Raymond Mundle, Thirlstane, Kirkgunzeon, Dumfries DG9 8JN, OR you can just reenter in your own name and that will give us another £10.
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 5% (min 60p). You pay no surcharge