Strength & Conditioning for Triathlon Coaches - Aberdeen
18 Nov 2023
Strength & Conditioning for Triathlon Coaches
Saturday 18 November 2023
The British Triathlon Strength and Conditioning workshop is a one-day coaching CPD workshop containing a mix of practical and classroom activities designed to develop your understanding and ability to effectively coach strength and conditioning sessions. You can read a full overview of the Strength & Conditioning CPD Module here.
Developed in conjunction with British Triathlon Strength and Conditioning coaches Ian Pyper and Stephen Breisner, the workshop focuses on the following areas:
- Introduction to Strength and Conditioning in Triathlon- What you need to know?
- The Needs Analysis Process
- Programming Principles
- How to deliver effective preparation and warm up activities
- Lower body, core conditioning, and upper body exercises
The workshop content has been designed to allow coaches to deliver body weight focused strength and conditioning sessions within the remit of their coaching qualifications in a club environment with minimal or no equipment. The workshop does not cover Olympic or powerlifting.
Please note – on completion of the Strength and Conditioning CPD Workshop you will be required to deliver within your qualification remit:
- Level 1 and trainee Level 2 coaches can only assist strength and conditioning sessions under direct supervision from Level 2 or above coach.
- Qualified Level 2 and above coaches are insured to deliver strength and conditioning sessions independently.
- Minimum Level 1 Triathlon Coach
- Up to date Home Nation’s membership
Once completed you will have access to an online resource bank in the Learning Hub with further technical information and over 40 conditioning videos to support learning and understanding of strength and conditioning in triathlon.
Date: Saturday 18 November 2023 at 1000-1600.
Venue: TBC 1 week before course, RGU Sport, Garthdee Rd, Garthdee, Aberdeen AB10 7GE
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions in relation to the sessions.
|13 Nov 2023 23:59||£50.00|
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Total Places: 12
Places Available: ??