Boxing Day 5K (Pinewood Trails)
26 Dec 2019
Welcome to the Black Park Runners Boxing Day 5 Pinewood Trails race!
- 5km course (This is not the usual parkrun course)
- Suitable for all abilities, from regular athlete through to the parkrun community runner
- £4 affiliated, £6 unaffiliated (Association of Running Clubs, ARC) £9 on the day entry (if places are still available)
- Depending on the weather this could be a fast run, a muddy run or a tricky icy run
- This race will not be chip timed
- To continue Fred Ashford's legacy, the majority of the entry fees will be donated to a local charity. The chosen charity will be decided after the event by one of the volunteers, who'll be picked at random.
Start of the race is a short walk from the main Car Park. Please refer to the course map and follow directions from Marshals.
Please allow plenty of time on the day to collect your number from race HQ (Go Ape Shelter). Sorry no refunds.
Please note: All marshals, officials, first aiders, everyone involved with this event is a volunteer. No one is paid to be at this event, they are solely there to make sure you have a safe race, please respect the volunteers. Anything untoward will result in disqualification, the Event Directors decision is final.
- Presentation ceremony shortly after the race.
- Trophies (one per winner) will be awarded as follows:
- First three males. First three females (16+)
- First junior male & first junior female (11-16)
There is plenty of parking in the Car Park, the usual fees will apply. Parking on Black Park Road is prohibited and doing so will endanger future events.
We are unfortunately unable to cater for wheelchair contestants.
Minimum age of 11.
Running with buggies or dogs is not permitted.
Time limit: 75 minutes.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
All competitors agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
This is a physically demanding event and could be affected by the weather. By entering the race, the competitors are confirming that they are capable of completing the race and that the organisers will not be held responsible for any illness or injury that may occur as a result of their participation.
By entering the race, the entrant waives and discharges from any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft and all other foreseeable risks, claims or actions of any kind including negligence which may arise at any time as a result of their participation in the event the following persons or groups – the event organiser Black Park Runners, event officials, volunteers and marshals, land owners or users or independent contractors.
The race organisers reserve all rights to change the event or course according to weather conditions, in an emergency or upon advice from the local authorities or emergency services.
All competitors are strongly advised to take out personal injury or accident insurance to cover themselves before taking part in this event.
Photographs will be taken at the event and will be shared on social media.
|19 Dec 2019||£4.00||£6.00|
*Discounted for members of any of ARC SA WA
To sign-up for this event, the Service Fee is 4% (min 50p) for each sign-up
Dates and Status
Total Places: 199