Neolith Fell Race
28 Jul 2021
Neolith Fell Race
Entry deadline now extended to Sunday 25th 7pm...
An evening race, an amazing 5 miles of fantastic running taking in some of the most spectacular Tors in West Devon and some ancient Neolithic monuments. off road running at its best - starting and finishing at Merrivale next to the Dartmoor Inn. Also incorporating Junior Races.
Wednesday 28th July 2021, Seniors start at 18:45 pm, Juniors U9 & U11 at 17:45 and U13 & U15 at 17:45
- Best Times for the course: Floyd Ratcliffe 31min 20secs(2019), Tilly Mcdowell 43min 03secs (2019)
- Awards for 1st, 2nd, 3rd M/F plus 10yr Vet age categories ie V40, V50, V60, V70 groups.
- The run will be limited to a maximum of 300 competitors
- Minimum age limit for this event is 15 years.
Tavistock AC and Run Venture Runners are pleased to stage this evening fell race with 2 supporting younger age group events.The event has an FRA licence and all courses are marked and marshaled. We are welcoming anyone with an interest in off-road running to this event. The courses will be well marked and suitable for anyone not confident in solo navigation.
Junior 6-9,9-11 yrs( age on day) 2k with 120m of ascent, starting at 5:45, £1 entry on day only.
Youth 12-14 yrs, 3k with 150m of ascent, starting at 5:45, £1 entry on day only.
Adults Race 15+yrs 8.0k, with 300m of ascent, starting at 18;45, £4; entry on-line plus 50p booking ( discounted if FRA member).
Please note parking donation please on behalf of farmer going to St Lukes Hospice of £1 per vehicle.
1st place prizes for each junior and youth age category - awarded at 7:15pm.
Adult race prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd finishers and winners of U23, and normal vet categories hopefully by 8:30pm.
Parking, in field above pub
All junior entries are on the day, closing 20 minutes before each race starts. No Senior entries on the day.
Toilet facilities will be available. The pub will provide, kiosk for refreshments and hot food.
Adult course will cover the fabulous historic stone row area toward Four Winds, climb to Great Mis Tor, descend the valley behind and cross a small ford, after a short rise past ancient hut circles the route will follow the ridge back to Roos Tor before a fast descent to Merrivale. This a short Cat B race. A whistle is advisable and a light rainproof top is recommended. No additional kit required. If there is a severe weather forecast check this site for details.
Anyone willing to marshal junior or adult races please contact Richard Best via facebook messenger. thank you.
How to enter
- Pre-Entry fee for Seniors is £4 plus 50p booking fee. (Discount 50p for FRA members)£9 on the day)
- Entry for Junior races is £1 and only on the day. Register 20 mins before race.
- Deadline for entry will be Sunday 25th at 7pm
- This race may be full so book early. Any help of marshalling support greatly received - please contact organiser on facebook page
|25 Jul 2021||£3.50||£4.00|
*Discounted for members of Fell Running Association
To sign-up for this event, the Service Fee is 4% (min 50p) for each sign-up
Dates and Status
Total Places: 300
Places Available: ??List