Loch Long Adventure Challenge
07 May 2022
Come and take on this new Adventure over one of Scotland's most scenic routes. Please Note - This event has yet again been postponed from the 8th May 2021 to the 7th May 2022 due to Coronavirus - thank you to all of you who have deferred your entry - this is much appreciated. Check out our website for course maps and further information www.lochlongevents.com
Note - Entry limit 120 – (60 teams of 2) no entry on the day
This event is being organised by the Loch Long Jetty Association and is a Triathlon Scotland Permit Event. It will take place on Saturday 7th May 2022 with the 1st Wave starting at 10.30 and the 2nd Wave starting at 12.30. Competitors must compete in teams of two.
Sign up as a team by entering the details of the 1st Team Member and then answer the questions relating to the second team member and your team name. If either one or both of the team is a member of Triathlon Scotland or Triathlon England or Welsh Triathlon you will receive a discount of £6.00.
This event consists of a kayak on Loch Long for 3.5km on twin sit-on top kayaks (kayaks, paddles and buoyancy aids supplied). Competitors must supply and wear a wet suit for this section and footwear. There will be a cut-off time of 90 minutes to do the kayak section although you will still be allowed to continue with the cycle and the run but your time will not be recorded for competition purposes. This will be followed by a fairly strenuous mountain bike section which is 24km long largely on undulating forest tracks and away from the public road. Competitors have to supply their own mountain bike and this must be in a roadworthy condition and they must wear a properly fitted cycle helmet and carry appropriate repair kit. 1st Wave Competitors will need to finish this stage by 3pm and the 2nd Wave Competitors by 5pm. The last section of this adventure challenge is a 5km run starting on private roads through woodland and forest before running on the pavement alongside Loch Long with views of Arrochar and Ben Lomond.
The provider of our kayaks, Loch Lomond Leisure (firstname.lastname@example.org) are willing to hire out mountain bikes (£15 per person with helmet) and wetsuits (£5 per person). This must be booked prior to the day of the event.
The Loch Long Adventure Challenge is open to competitors aged 17 years or older on the day of the event. The entry fee is £106 per team of two (£100 if either or both of the team are a member/s of Triathlon Scotland, Triathlon England or Welsh Triathlon).
There will be prizes for winning teams (Male, Female and Mixed). This will be based on the cumulative time of the two team members finishing the event. There will also be an individual prize for the fastest male and fastest female. There will be a prize for the first local team and all finishers will receive a memento and t-shirt. Prize Giving will take place at 5.30pm.
If you are local and wish to be considered for the local prize please email email@example.com
Before entering, please note the event entry terms and conditions shown below:
- To enter the event, a competitor must be:
- Eligible to compete under Triathlon Scotland rules and willing to abide by those rules.
- Aged 17 years or over on the day of the race.
- Physically fit to compete.
- All competitors participate entirely at their own risk. The event organisers (Loch Long Jetty Association) and their associates shall not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, arising as a consequence of any competitor’s participation in the event.
- Submitting an entry to the event authorises Loch Long Jetty Association A)to use the competitor’s e-mail address to send information about the Loch Long Adventure Challenge, B) to share the competitor’s details with Triathlon Scotland and C) to use for promotional purposes the names, quotes, videos and pictures/photographs of the competitors taking part in the Loch Long Adventure Challenge or prize-giving.
- You agree that Triathlon Scotland may publish your personal information as part of the results of the event, and will pass such information to any governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, licences, or the publishing of results, either for the event alone, or combined with, or compared to other events. Results may include, but are not limited to first name, surname, date of birth, age category, result, penalties and any club / home country / regional affiliation.' 'You also agree that in the event of a disciplinary or welfare incident that you are either involved in or witness, we may pass on your personal information to British Triathlon and/or the relevant Home Nation association or any relevant Authorities for the purpose of supporting any investigatory activity into that incident.'
- Competitors must heed the directions of the marshals at all times.
- Competitors must not run on the road.
- Competitors must not wear headphones.
- Entries are not transferable.
- Entries may not be deferred to a subsequent year.
- Entrants have the right to cancel and receive a refund for any entry made over the Internet as long as that is done within 14 days of the original entry date.
- No other refunds will be made except in the unlikely event of the organisers having to cancel the event. This will result in at least a 50% refund depending upon expenditure incurred by the organiser.
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel or shorten the kayak section if weather conditions are not suitable on the day – no refund will be made for this as the expense of hiring the kayaks will have already been incurred.
|03 May 2022||£100.00||£106.00|
*Discounted for members of any of TS TE WT
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Total Places: 60
Places Available: ??