Lennox Street Association, Edinburgh
Welcome to the Lennox Street Association, which represents the interests of the residents of Lennox Street and Lennox Street Lane. The Lennox Street Association (LSA) exists to preserve & enhance the physical amenity & social fabric of living in Lennox Street and Lennox Street Lane.
As we are now half way through 2015, the membership year runs from 11 July to 31 December 2016. Multi-year membership is also available, which offers a discount of up to 20% over the annual membership fee. HALF PRICE membership for the retired or unwaged. Discounted rates for 3 year and 5 year subscriptions.
As a member you are entitled to:
- attend social events to appeal to both young and old
- receive periodic email updates
- benefit from, and contribute to, a "Recommended Trades" list
- belong to an informal "Good Neighbours" scheme which looks out for the elderly, housebound etc
- be part of an active Neighbourhood Watch area
Membership benefits include:
- Action to maintain and enhance the physical amenity of Lennox Street and Lane – dealing with street lighting, refuse collection, recycling, parking, road maintenance and other related matters
- Action to support the unique historic amenity of living in the New Town conservation area, and to represent LSA’s interests on the Dean Gardens Management Committee
- Advice on getting the best from living in Lennox Street and Lane (e.g. Neighbourhood Watch, advice on local safety from the police and fire services, list of recently used and highly recommended tradespeople)
- The existence of a contingency reserve (for use in extremis) for the mutual benefit of all residents - e.g. to arrange private snow clearance if the situation arises again when the Council fails to clear the streets of ice for 8 weeks
- Social activities to encourage the community benefits of living in Lennox Street and Lane, including periodic parties, get togethers and talks
- Regular reporting, including a periodic newsletter, a welcome pack for new residents and an annual statement of accounts