Level 1 Coaching (Practical Delivery) Knockburn
06 Jun 2021
Triathlon Scotland - Level 1 Coaching Qualification
Practical Delivery - Knockburn
Practical Delivery Overview
The practical delivery part of the qualification includes:
The course is supported by an online resource, which contains all the information required to complete the course and develop your own coaching knowledge and skills.
- Learners must be at least 16 years of age at the commencement of the learning programme. Learners over 18 once qualified can work independently; those under 18 must have supervision.
- Hold a valid Triathlon Scotland (or other Home Nation) Coach Membership. This is to provide you with the appropriate insurance to cover your coaching practice.
- Have access to an electronic device for accessing our online resources.
- You will need access to a computer (desktop/laptop) or a tablet and a good internet connection; some smartphones can also connect.
Wellbeing & Protection Information
Coaches who do regulated work with children or vulnerable adults will be required to undergo a PVG check and complete Child Wellbeing & Protection in Sport Training.
If you are unsure whether or not the coaching you will be doing is classed as regulated work, please speak with your Club Wellbeing Officer or Triathlon Scotland.
Knockburn Loch, Strachan, Aberdeenshire AB31 6LL
- Introductory Webinar: 26 May 2021 8pm-8:30pm
- Practical Delivery: 6 June 2021 9:30am-4:30pm
- Practical Assessment: 20 June 2021 9:30am - 1:00pm
The total cost for the Level 1 Coaching Qualification is £320 (£245 if eligible for sportscotland subsidy*).
This cost will be broken down as follows:
- Online Delivery: £200 (You may be eligible for a £75 subsidy for this element of the course)*
- Practical Delivery: £120
*To be eligible for the sportscotland subsidy:
- Applicants must demonstrate coaching activity within 6 months of applying for the subsidy (at least once per month / 12 sessions per year). This coaching activity must take place in Scotland.
- You must describe how this qualification will have an impact on schools, clubs or the community.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions in relation to the sessions.