The Jon Ward Hereford 5k
04 Oct 2020
HEREFORD COURIERS presents
The Jon Ward Hereford 5K 2020
Sunday 4th October 2020
All races 10.00am start
Chip Timed | Medal for all finishers| Fast & Flat Course
Prize Money for 1st, 2nd & 3rd Male & Female runners
£15 (affiliated) £17 (unattached)
This race is held in memory of ex-Hereford Courier Jon Ward who sadly passed away in June 2020. All profits from the race will be donated to The Samaritans.
Jon was a decorated runner, competing across every distance from 5k to Ultra Running. He was a proud member of the 100 Marathon Club and many locally knew him well, Jon was a Courier from 2010 - 2017.
With running being such a huge part of his life, so on Sunday 4th October the Couriers are proud to host the Jon Ward Hereford 5k with the aim to raise as much funds with all proceeds going to the Samaritans.
His 5k PB stood at 17:44 and we will offer a money back incentve to anyone that beats that time, or you may choose to donate the full amount to the charity.
Everyone is welcome.
- Race Date: Sunday 4th October 2020
- Starting Time: 10.00am
- Entries: Entry Fees: £15.00 – Affiliated / £17.00 – Unattached. Race Limit 250, Minimum age 12.
- Venue: Hereford Racecourse, Roman Road, Hereford. HR4 9QU.
- Facilities/ Parking: Hereford Racecourse is race HQ & start, has adequate parking, £1 per car. This is where race bib numbers will be collected on the day from 8:30am.
- Distance/ Terrain: 5k - Road with short gravel track.
- Course Details: The route is on open roads - albeit through a quiet housing estate, the route is very flat and fast (Ideal for that PB), the course is suitable for runners of all abilities. Full UK Athletics race licence, Licence number to follow.
- Prizes: Presentations at Hereford Racecourse at 1100, Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place Male & Female finishers, £30, £20, £10 and an optional money back or donation to charity, if you finish sub 17:44.
- Medals: We have a medal for all runners who complete the race.
- photo's: We have a fantastic photographer so keep an eye out for him (and remember to smile)
- Results: Will be uploaded to www.herefordcouriers.com post race & visit https://herefordcouriers.com/club-races/jonward5k for more details & course route elevation.
Terms And Conditions
- The entrant must agree to the following terms and conditions.
- This event is to be held under UK Athletics rules. Race Licence applied for. The entrant agrees to abide by the rules of the event and that the officials' decision is final.
- The entrant confirms that they have no medical disability that would endanger themselves or others by taking part (and will not run if unfit to do so on the day).
- The entrant understands that the organisers will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or illness howsoever caused as a result of entering the race. The entrant agrees that during the race they will obey marshals' instructions. No dogs will be allowed on the course.
- If for any reason beyond our control the race has to be cancelled on the day (“Act of god” Flooding, Accidents, incidents etc) we cannot guarantee a full refund or that the race will be rescheduled. We will however do everything possible to resolve any unfortunate situation.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Guidance for Road Runners
- Please ensure that you read and observe this code of conduct to ensure a safe and enjoyable
event for everyone.
- Do not travel to the event if you are showing any symptoms of covid-19 as outlined by the
- Do your homework – make sure you are aware of and understand the pre-race briefing
information offered by your event
- Come ready to run - minimise your interaction with race staff, volunteers and participants by
being as self-sufficient as possible
- Come alone if you can
- Under no circumstances swap your number or give your place to another participant
- Be respectful to volunteers and participants
- Observe social distancing wherever possible
- Carefully consider your travel plans, avoiding public transport if at all possible
- Leave more time than you normally would to get to and from the event
- Be prepared to bring your own water and food and carry it with you during the race and
please dispose of rubbish responsibly
- Be aware of your personal hygiene e.g. avoid spitting and nasal clearance
- Be mindful of your surroundings and impact on other participants, spectators, volunteers and
the public. Don’t run with or carry children in the race.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer
- If you experience COVID symptoms soon after the event, then please make this known
through the government’s Track & Trace system
|27 Sep 2020||£15.00||£17.00|
*Discounted for members of clubs affiliated to any of EA WA SA
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Total Places: 250
Places Available: ??List