The Jon Ward Hereford 5K 2021
Sunday 15th August 2021
£15 (affiliated) £17 (unattached)
Chip Timed | Bespoke Medal | Fast & Flat Course
The Couriers are pleased to announce the return of the Jon Ward 5k race, come join us on our super-quick 2 lap course, the race will be chip timed & suitable for runners of all abilities, the route will be fully marked out and marshalled & we’ve even got a medal for all finishers.
This race is held in memory of ex-Hereford Courier Jon Ward who sadly passed away in June 2020. All profits from the race will be donated to Charity.
Jon was a decorated runner, competing across every distance from 5k to Ultra Running. He was a proud member of the 100 Marathon Club and many locally knew him well, Jon was a Courier from 2010 - 2017.
Everyone is welcome.
If you are entering the race after the 8th August you will need to pick up your race number on the day before 9:30am.
- Race Date: Sunday 15th August 2021
- Start Time: Wave 1 (sub 20 mins) 9:45am / Wave 2 (over 20mins) 10:15am
- Entries: Entry Fees: £15.00 – Affiliated / £17.00 – Unattached, with all profits from the race going to charity.
- Venue: Hereford Racecourse, Roman Road, Hereford. HR4 9QU.
- Facilities/ Parking: Hereford Racecourse is race HQ & start & has adequate parking
- Distance/ Terrain: 5k - Road with short gravel track.
- Course Details: The route is on open roads - albeit through a quiet housing estate, the route is very flat and fast (Ideal for that PB), the course is suitable for runners of all abilities. Full UK Athletics race licence, Licence number to follow.
- Prizes: Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed male and females which will be handed out socially distanced post race.
- Medals: We have a medal for all finishers
- Results: Will be uploaded to www.herefordcouriers.com post race & visit https://herefordcouriers.com/club-races/5k-series-2020/ for more details & course route elevation.
Terms And Conditions
- The entrant must agree to the following terms and conditions.
- This event is to be held under UK Athletics rules. Race Licence applied for. The entrant agrees to abide by the rules of the event and that the officials' decision is final.
- The entrant confirms that they have no medical disability that would endanger themselves or others by taking part (and will not run if unfit to do so on the day).
- The entrant understands that the organisers will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or illness howsoever caused as a result of entering the race. The entrant agrees that during the race they will obey marshals' instructions. No dogs will be allowed on the course.
- If for any reason beyond our control the race has to be cancelled on the day (“Act of god” Flooding, Accidents, incidents etc) we cannot guarantee a full refund or that the race will be rescheduled. We will however do everything possible to resolve any unfortunate situation.