Welcome to the 2022 Membership page of Hereford Couriers Running Club.
We are proud to announce our membership is open for 2022, It's time to join the original Hereford Running Club. Our membership fee this year is £20 and includes full Club Membership & England Athletics Affiliation.
As a club our base is Hereford Leisure Centre on Holmer Road, our club training sessions are Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday starting at 6:30pm.
Our Tuesday & Thursday session are our popular Couriers Clubrun Session - We usually have 4 groups over a mixture of distances and paces on offer. Wednesday are our weekly speed session which is available to all members and involve track, hills and road reps.
We are far more than a running club, we have many socials throughout the year including the AGM, many of these events involve a few drinks - they are pretty popular amongst our club members & a great way of making new friends.
As a club we organise a series of races which includes the Christmas 10k, the Westhope offroad race (part of the Herefordshire Summer offroad League) & we are very proud of our 3 race 5k Series on one of the flattest road courses in the UK, We encourage our runners to take part & make the most of running in these races & for any reason you don't we always have marshalling duties which need filling.
We have a number of ways members can input into the development of the club, we have open club meetings and a very active facebook page as we feel the input of our members is key to the progress of the club.
See the full benefits of being a member below:
- First claim Club Membership.
- Join in with our ClubRuns and training.
- Compete in Club colours with extra spectator support at local races.
- Become part of a growing and vibrant team with a great social scene.
- Option to take part and support the team in 4 summer & 4 winter races in the Herefordshire cross country league (all free of charge to compete in)
- Have a say & input into how your club is run at club and AGM meetings.
- Discounted entry (minimum £2 for England Athletics registered athletes)
- Eligibility to compete in national representative teams and at England Athletics age group level.
- Exclusive offers and discounts from a range of England Athletics’ commercial partners.
- Have an opportunity to apply for the Club London Marathon place through the club ballot.
- Get listed on the power of 10.
- Junior membership 16+
- FREE Membership for Hereford & County Athletics Club Members who are 16+ (Drop us an email for an application form firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2nd Claim members are welcome, £20 please complete this application form but drop us an email to notify us that your membership is 2nd claim.
Hereford Couriers are affiliated to England Athletics. if you are currently a first claim member of another club you will need to notify them of your resignation and if an affiliated athlete you will also need to complete an application to England Athletics for a change of first claim club for approval. If you need any further help with registration and change of club procedures or any other membership queries please contact us at email@example.com
DATA PROTECTION POLICY
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation that comes into force 25/5/18,
Hereford Couriers Running Club require members' agreement to collect, keep and destroy
certain information about them as described here. The information in question will be name,
date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number.
The Club may :
● Share data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions.
● Share data with club team managers to enter events.
● Share data with leagues, county associations and other competition providers for entry in
● Share data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership
renewals or invitation to social events.
● Use data in processing of membership forms and payments.
● Use data in publishing of race and competition results.
● Use data in website management.
● Share data with England Athletics if member chooses to register with this body.
If a Club member has not renewed membership for three years since joining, all data on him/her
possessed by the Club will be destroyed.
By signing up to the Couriers Membership you are expected to adhere to the senior athletes code of conduct, please read this below.
CODE OF CONDUCT: SENIOR ATHLETES
As a responsible athlete, I will:
- • abide by the UKA and the HCAF Child Safeguarding Policy and Child Safeguarding Procedures
- • abide by the UKA and the HCAF Adult Safeguarding Policy and Adult Safeguarding Procedures
- • respect the rights of every athlete, coach, technical official and others involved in athletics and treat everyone equitably
- • uphold the same sporting values away from sport as I do when I am engaged in athletics
- • participate within the rules of the sport, respect decisions of coaches and officials, and demonstrate respect towards fellow athletes
- • cooperate fully with others involved in the sport such as coaches, technical officials, team managers, doctors, physiotherapists, sport scientists and representatives of the governing body in my best interests and those of other athletes
- • consistently promote positive aspects of the sport and never condone rule violations or the use of prohibited substances
- • anticipate and be responsible for my own needs, including being organised, having the appropriate equipment and being on time • inform my coach of any other coaching that I am seeking or receiving
- • act with dignity and display courtesy and good manners towards others
- • in no way undermine, put down or belittle other athletes, coaches or practitioners
- • avoid swearing and abusive language whilst in athletic venues, at club functions and events, or when as part of a team/squad
- • never engage in any inappropriate or illegal behaviour
- • challenge and report inappropriate behaviour and language by others
- • not misuse or abuse sporting equipment and venues
- • not carry or consume alcohol or illegal substances while training or competing in athletics
- • maintain strict boundaries between friendship and intimacy with a coach or official
- • use safe transport or travel arrangements
- • act ethically, professionally and with integrity, and take responsibility for your actions.
BREACH OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT I understand that if I do not follow the code, action can be taken by my club and I may:
- • be asked to apologise for my behaviour
- • receive a verbal warning from my coach
- • receive a verbal or written warning from the club committee
- • be suspended from attending club training sessions
- • be suspended from the club
- • be required to leave the club.
To sign-up for this club on EntryCentral, the Service Fee is 4% (min 50p) for each sign-up