Chrysalis K9 Canicross Virtual Race 3 has now closed and you will not be able to sign-up for it. Please check the Info for any organiser updates.
This event is in a testing state, and is not open for public sign-ups until the organiser has launched it.
Chrysalis K9 Canicross Virtual Race 3
17 Feb 18
Welcome to the Chrysalis K9 Canicross Virtual Race 3. This is the entry portal for the 3rd virtual race between Sunday 7th January and Tuesday 13th February '18. All races are held under our rules, as described below.
Cliff Lakes or wherever you can run 4-5K!
Approximate Course length is 4K
Entry fees: £13
Entries close midnight Monday 6th November
RULES PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE FILLING IN ENTRY FORM.
- Dogs must be a year old on the day of the race.
- Dogs must be attached to the human runner at all times during the race.
- During your run please give due consideration to members of the general public.
- Dogs should not be wearing a slip lead, check/choke chain, head collar, flexi lead or any collar that restricts breathing. Harnesses are preferred to running a dog in a collar and the sport is primarily designed for dogs that pull in harness.
- Muzzles are allowed and if required it should be of the wire / plastic basket style.
- No harsh handling will be permitted at the event and e-collars, prong collars and other similar devices that are not compatable with dog sports should not be brought onto the site.
- Dogs should not go running if they are coughing or have been in contact with infectious disease within the last 21 days. It is the owners responsibility to ensure their dog is fit and healthy before racing. If in doubt consult your vet.
- It is presumed that you are running with your own dog. If you must borrow a dog to run with you should be familiar with each other, have trained together prior to the run and the handler should be aware of the dogs behavior and be responsible for its care throughout the event.
- Children may be accompanied in their run - according to their parents preference. All children attending the event to run or spectate must be supervised by an adult at all times and instructed not to approach dogs they do not know.
- If a competitor needs to cancel their entry for any reason up to 7 days before the race then just email or message the organiser and you can either transfer your entry to another day or get a 80% refund (entry less costs incurred).
- Please respect the facilities and land. Clean up after your dog in all areas and on the course.
- Series Explanation there are 5 races in the series. The first race you compete in will determine the league in which you race. It doesnt matter if you run with 1 or 2 dogs, your age or your gender - you will be classified in the league with people of a similar speed to you. You need to do at least 3 races to stand a chance of qualifying for the best improved in your league. We will plot a regression curve for your race times. The person who has the steepest (biggest improvement) will be the most improved in your class but its not worth sandbagging the first race as an anomoly outlier result wont be recognised on the regression curve! If you cant make a race then you are welcome to enter that race virtually but your time wont count on your progression curve.
- Any changes you need to make to your race entries should be done by EMAIL ONLY PLEASE by closing date, if you ask for changes in Facebook messages, comments on posts or on events pages I might not get to see them or if I do I might not remember to action them when back at the computer email is the only reliable means of communication, face book stuff gets lost.
Cliff Lakes, Tamworth Road, Tamworth B782DL