Chrysalis K9 Canicross Race Series - 2 has now closed and you will not be able to sign-up for it. Please check the Info for any organiser updates.
Chrysalis K9 Canicross Race Series - 2
26 Nov 17
Welcome to the Chrysalis K9 Canicross League Race 2. This is the entry portal for the 2nd race on Sunday 26th November '17. All races are held under our rules, as described below.
Cliff Lakes, Tamworth Road, Tamworth, B78 2DL
Briefing: 8am and by video posted on our facebook page.
Approximate Course length is 4K
Entry fees: £15 for a first entry and either £4 or £6 (with medal) for subsequent entries.
Entries close midnight Sunday 19th November
RULES PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE FILLING IN ENTRY FORM.
- Dogs must be a year old on the day of the race.
- Dogs must be attached to the human runner at all times during the race.
- Your start time will be allocated in the main wave of individual starts at the 9am start time. If you wish to opt for an 8am or a 10am wave start time then this can be accomodated. Reactive dogs can also be accomodated and as such please inform the race organisers if your dog needs special consideration.
- During the race please give due consideration to all other competitors. If two competitors need to pass each other then the overtaking competitor has right of way but should alert the competitor to be overtaken so that they can take all necessary precautions to ensure that neither dog contact each other. The overtaking competitor should pass as promptly as possible when its safe to do so and also ensuring that their dog does not interfear or contact with the dog being passed.
- Dogs should not be wearing a slip lead, check/choke chain, head collar, flexi lead or any collar that restricts breathing. Harnesses are preferred to running a dog in a collar and the sport is primarily designed for dogs that pull in harness.
- Muzzles are allowed and if required it should be of the wire / plastic basket style.
- No harsh handling will be permitted at the event and e-collars, prong collars and other similar devices that are not compatable with dog sports should not be brought onto the site.
- Dogs should not be brought to the event if they are coughing or have been in contact with infectious disease within the last 21 days. It is the owners responsibility to ensure their dog is fit and healthy before racing. If in doubt consult your vet.
- A dog may only run once per day but a human can run a 2nd time if they want with a different dog.
- It is presumed that you are running with your own dog. If you must borrow a dog to race with you should be familiar with each other, have trained together prior to the race and the handler should be aware of the dogs behavior in a race environment and be responsible for its care throughout the event.
- Children may be accompanied in their race - according to their parents preference. All children attending the event to run or spectate must be supervised by an adult at all times and instructed not to approach dogs they do not know.
- The race will be covered by event/public liability insurance but all racers and spectators attend the event and run at their own risk.
- Should the races have to be cancelled or postponed for reason beyond the organisers control or in the event of bad weather making the course too dangerous to run - the organisers reserve the right to take expenses already incurred from entry fees before using any remaining moneys to refund entrants. NOTE it is the entrants responsibility to check the race is still on before traveling, the organisers will, post on facebook, and email all entrants if there are any last minute changes - please check your email before traveling. If a competitor needs to cancel their entry for any reason up to 7 days before the race then just email or message the organiser and you can either transfer your entry to another day or get a 80% refund (entry less costs incurred).
- Please respect the facilities and land. Clean up after your dog in all areas and on the course. Toilets and showers are available for your convenience.
- Camping is available for tents (£10), caravans, and vans (£15). Drinking water will be available in the camping area.
- Series Explanation there are 5 races in the series. The first race you compete in will determine the league in which you race. It doesnt matter if you run with 1 or 2 dogs, your age or your gender - you will be classified in the league with people of a similar speed to you. You need to do at least 3 races to stand a chance of qualifying for the best improved in your league. We will plot a regression curve for your race times. The person who has the steepest (biggest improvement) will be the most improved in your class but its not worth sandbagging the first race as an anomoly outlier result wont be recognised on the regression curve!
- Anyone who wishes to join us for dinner on Saturday evening at The Owl (opposite Cliff Lakes) is most welcome. Just respond to the post on fb that will be made the week before the event and we will book a table! After the race there will be an on/off lead dog walk followed by Sunday lunch at The Owl for those who wish to join us.
- Please listen to the race briefing or watch the video on fb and marshals instructions. If your dog(s) are likely to be noisy and excited please do not bring them to the race briefing so that everyone can clearly hear safety instructions. Human and dog first aiders will be available at all times on site. The local on-call vet's details will be displayed in the race stewards tent.
- Any changes you need to make to your race entries should be done by EMAIL ONLY PLEASE by closing date, if you ask for changes in Facebook messages, comments on posts or on events pages I might not get to see them or if I do I might not remember to action them when back at the computer email is the only reliable means of communication, face book stuff gets lost.
- TRADE STANDS are very welcome. Please contact the race organisers for details.
- MARSHALLS Please email the race director if you have a member of your party who would be prepared to marshall. Marshalls will recieve a thank you gift full of locally sourced edible and dringkable treats.
Cliff Lakes, Tamworth Road, Tamworth B782DL