21 Sep 19
Back for a fourth year, a varied terrain 10k race over one of Scotland's most scenic routes
Note - 10k race limit 150 - no entry on the day
Saturday 21st September 2019 - Start 10.30 am
Organised by Arrochar Running Club and Loch Long Jetty Associaiton under UK Athletics Rules
Scottish Athletics Permit Event
PRIZES FOR WINNING RUNNERS IN MEN, WOMEN, LOCAL& VET CATEGORIES. MEMENTO FOR ALL FINISHERS
LOCAL or EX LOCAL
Please email me if you wish to be considered for a local prize (you live within 15miles by road of the start line) or an ex local prize (if you have previously lived within 15 miles of the start line and have strong family connections to the area). Dawn.Gourlay@icloud.com
This race consists of a run over varied terrain starting on a track leading to a foresty road which has the only significant hill in the race - once at the top of this hill you are rewarded with views over Loch Long then carrying on along this forestry road and descending to Ardgarten via a forest path. At this point you will need to cross the A83 Trunk Road and all precautions must be taken. Once across this road, there is a bit more running on forest paths through woodland and then for the second half of the race you will be running on the pavement alongside Loch Long with views of Arrochar and Ben Lomond.
The Arrochar 10k is open to runners aged 16 years or older on the day of the race.
Before entering, please note the race entry terms and conditions shown below:
- To enter the race, a runner must be:
- Eligible to compete under SA rules and willing to abide by those rules.
- Aged 16 years or over on the day of the race.
- Physically fit to run 10 kilometres.
- All runners participate entirely at their own risk. The race organisers (Arrochar Running Club and Loch Long Jetty Association) and their associates shall not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, arising as a consequence of any runner’s participation in the race.
- Submitting an entry to the race authorises Arrochar Running Club and Loch Long Jetty Association a. to use the runner’s e-mail address to send information about the Arrochar 10k and to be shared with Scottish Athletics and b.to use for promotional purposes the names, quotes, videos and pictures/photographs of the runners taking part in the Arrochar 10k race or prize-giving.
- Runners must heed the directions of the marshals at all times and if necessary be prepared to stop at the A83 road crossing.
- Runners must not run on the road.
- Runners must not wear headphones.
- Entries are not transferable.
- Entries may not be deferred to a subsequent year.
- Entrants have the right to cancel and receive a refund for any entry made over the Internet as long as that is done within 14 days of the original entry date.
- No other refunds will be made except in the event of the organisers deciding to cancel the race.
|18 Sep 2019||£8.00||£10.00|
*Discounted for members of any of SA EA WA
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Total Places: 150
Places Available: ??