Promoted and organised by Winchcombe Cycling Club * and Cheltenham & County Cycling Club
This Reliability Ride, which is in its 29th year starts and finishes near the picturesque town of Winchcombe on Sunday 14th April 2013. Aimed at experienced riders, the challenging routes across the hills and valleys of the Cotswolds use a combination of roads, tracks and bridleways, with significant off-road sections. Choose between 100km & 50km distances. Refreshments will be available all day at the start/finish from 07.30hr and will be provided at around the half-way point. Start time 09.00hr.
A certificate and medal will be awarded to all finishers.
- The ride is aimed at Experienced Riders
- It is held in part on the public highway, the normal rules of the road apply and must be followed. Some sections are held on unsurfaced tracks and bridleways and due consideration must be given to other users, particularly horse riders and walkers. It is the responsibility of each rider to assess the prevailing conditions and terrain and adjust their speed appropriately or dismount if necessary.
- It is the responsibility of each rider to follow the course on the route map that will be provided at the start. The route will also be identified by distinctive route markers and digital downloads of the route will be issued to all riders in the week before the event
- There will be a number of manned and unmanned controls around the course and a control at the refreshment stop. Riders must ensure that their control cards are stamped at each of these.
- It is the riders responsibility to ensure that their cycles are roadworthy and that they carry sufficient water and are adequately equipped to deal with mechanical breakdown, inclement weather and to make their own arrangements in the event of their failure to complete the course. It is advised that all riders carry a form of personal identification with name,address and emergency contact details and a charged mobile phone.
- The use of triathlon bars and other bar extensions is discouraged. However, where riders do have them fitted they must not be used when riding in a group and riders must allow a gap to the rider(s) in front that allows time to reach for their brakes if necessary.
- The use of MP3 players & similar devices involving the use of earphones is discouraged.
- Riders should not ride more than 2 abreast on public roads.
- Riders under the age of 16yr must be accompanied by a responsible adult.Riders under the age of 18yr must submit a PARENTAL/GUARDIAN CONSENT form by post to the Event Secretary within 7 days of entry. ENTRY IS NOT VALID UNTIL RECEIPT OF THIS FORM.
- The wearing of a cycle helmet conforming to CE Standards EN1078 is mandatory
- No refund of entry fees will be allowed but transfer of an entry may be allowable at the organisers discretion and then only by completion and submission of a Manual Entry Form.
Adult £15, under 18 years on the day £6. NB No entries will be accepted on the day.
Payment can be made for individual or multiple entries by a secure card transaction. For multiple entries please use the Add button on the Your Shopping Basket screen to add further entrants.
The aim of the organisers will be to donate up to £3000 to local and national charities including Air Ambulance and British Heart Foundation. Details will be published on our web site after the event.
JUNIOR AWARD DRAW
The organisers in conjunction with MARIN have donated a MARIN hardtail mountain bike together with some clothing and accessories. All entrants aged under 18yr. on the day and who complete the course will be entered into the prize draw.
HQ & Start/Finish Winchcombe Community School, Greet Road, Winchcombe, Glos OS Sheet 163 GR025295
OFFICIAL EVENT PHOTOGRAPHERS SussexSportPhotography.com
* Winchcombe Cycling Club - a company limited by guarantee Registered in England Number 8113168
Registered Office Gretton Hill Farm, Gretton, Cheltenham, Glos GL54 5EW