31st Hell Of The North Cotswolds
12 Apr 15
Promoted and organised by Winchcombe Cycling Club* and Cheltenham & County Cycling Club
This Reliability Ride, which celebrates it's 31st anniversary, starts and finishes near the picturesque town of Winchcombe on Sunday 12th April 2015. Aimed at experienced riders, the challenging routes across the hills and valleys of the Cotswolds use a combination of roads, tracks and bridleways, with significant off-road sections. There will be a 100km route for the very experienced and fit riders and a 50km route for those who know just how tough the off-road Cotswold Hills can be. Refreshments will be available all day at the start/finish from 07.30hr and will be provided at around the half-way point. Start time 09.00hr.
Car Parking, changing, toilets and showers will be available at the start at Winchcombe Community School.
A certificate and medal will be awarded to all finishers.
Please ensure you read the following - you will be asked to agree to comply with them during sign on :
EVENT NOTES incorporating BRITISH CYCLING REGULATIONS - Hell of the North Cotswolds 2015
- The ride is aimed at Experienced Riders.
- It is a RELIABILITY RIDE and NOT a race. There will be a number of controls where your card must be marked.
- Controls will open based on a 25kph average and closed based on a 12.5 kph average. This is equivalent to riding the complete 100km route in 4 hours and not more than eight hours. Riders arriving at the Guiting Power rest stop on the 100Km route who are running late will be directed to the 50Km route to return to Winchcombe.
- The wearing of as hard shell helmet conforming to CE Standards EN1078 is mandatory for all riders at all times whilst on the course. Riders must affix the self-adhesive identifying number issued at registration to their helmets.
- It is the responsibility of each rider to follow the course on the route map that will be provided at the start. The route will also be identified by distinctive route markers and digital downloads of the route will be issued to all registered riders in the week before the event. It is the responsibility of each rider to assess the prevailing conditions and terrain and adjust their speed appropriately or dismount if necessary.
- Where the event crosses or travels on public roads, then the laws of riding on the road and the Highway Code must be obeyed. Some sections are held on un-surfaced tracks and bridleways and due consideration must be given to other users, particularly horse riders and walkers and the Countryside Code should be adhered to.
- All riders riding in a group must ride in an orderly manner in accordance with the Highway Code, not more than two abreast and extend all reasonable courtesy to other road users. The use of earphones (eg. MP3, iPod) is discouraged on the grounds of safety.
- The use of triathlon bars and other time trial bar extensions is not permitted.
- It is the riders responsibility to ensure their bikes are in safe working condition and roadworthy.
- Riders should carry sufficient water, food and money and ensure that they are adequately equipped to deal with punctures, mechanical breakdown, inclement weather and to make their own arrangements in the event of their failure to complete the course.
- All riders should carry a fully charged mobile phone and some form of personal identification with their name, address and the emergency contact details of a person to be contacted in the event of an accident.
- Riders are not permitted to have their own “personal” support vehicle and any rider failing to observe this regulation will be withdrawn from the event.
- There will be a number of manned and unmanned controls around the course and a control at the refreshment stop. Riders must ensure that their control cards are stamped at each of these.
- All riders under the age of 18yr. must submit a PARENTALCONSENT FORM signed by their Parent/Guardian, by post to Event Administration within 7 days of entry. ENTRIES ARE NOT VALID UNTIL RECEIPT OF THIS FORM.
- Riders under the age of 16yr. must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- No refund of entry fees will be allowed but transfer of an entry may be allowable entirely at the organisers discretion and then only by completion and submission of a Manual Entry Form to the organiser.
Adult £18. Junior (under 18 years on the day) £7. NB No entries will be accepted on the day.
Payment can be made for individual or multiple entries by a secure card transaction.
The aim of the organisers will be to donate up to £3000 to local and national charities including Air Ambulance and British Heart Foundation. Details will be published on our web site after the event.
JUNIOR AWARD DRAW
The organisers in conjunction with WHYTE BIKES have donated a 2015 Whyte 603 hardtail cross-country mountain bike as first prize. All entrants aged under 18yr. on the day and who complete the course will be entered into the prize draw.
HQ & Start/Finish Winchcombe Community School, Greet Road, Winchcombe, Glos OS Sheet 163 GR025295
OFFICIAL EVENT PHOTOGRAPHERS SussexSportPhotography.com
* Winchcombe Cycling Club - a company limited by guarantee Registered in England Number 8113168
Registered Office Gretton Hill Farm, Gretton, Cheltenham, Glos GL54 5EW